5 Reasons Fall is the Beyoncé of the Seasons

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

As time has progressed, the fall season has become synonymous with Ugg boots, pumpkin spice lattes, and “hoodie weather”. Our generation has so eloquently summed up the once immaculate autumnal months with countless memes and Instagram pictures with the oh-so-original caption “Fall (insert heart eyes emoji here)”. In short, our once beloved season has become the accessory of basic girls the world over. But not for long. Gone are the days when fall is referred to as the Taylor Swift of the seasons, fall is Beyoncé… always. Beyoncé happens to be one of the most influential artists of our time, and frankly, she’s cool as hell. Fall happens to be one of the most fun, beautiful, and inspirational seasons around (sound familiar?). Peace, “Becky with the good hair,” fall is Sasha Fierce, and here are 5 reasons why: 

1.The Fashion 

No, I’m not talking about Uggs and hoodies. I’m talking about great booties, amazing jeans, and the motorcycle jackets of your dreams. Gone are the days when you have to decide between a romper or… a romper when going out. Not to mention, chub rub season is a thing of the past. We all know Beyoncé has slated the fashion game since day one, with daring, unapologetic looks. I can’t help but think that that kind of salvage  would be a dish best served with a side of something pumpkin flavored. 

2. The Weather

Like Beyoncé, fall is versatile. The leaves change colors, the nights get colder– you know the deal. Fall also has it’s fair share of warm days as well, so there’s no need to forget about your new jean skirt (the greatest comeback since rocky IV) just yet. Also this means going out WITHOUT SWEATING!! Can I get an amen?

3. The Activities

There’s just so much to do in fall. Bonfires, festivals, pumpkin carving, haunted houses…I digress. Beyoncé is always doing something new and keeping her fans guessing, just like fall. From halftime performances to fashion lines Beyoncé is always doing something. Fall perfectly parallels this, as there are a myriad of amazing things for you to do every weekend. Not to mention Beyoncé will be touring this fall. Inception. 

4. The Food

Okay, fall food (coffee, anything pumpkin flavored) is awesome, so is Beyoncé. Need I say more?

5. The Vibes

Picture it. You’re wearing a killer outfit, the weather is cold, the leaves are falling. You’re headed to a party with your girls. There’s bound to be some hotties in flannel shirts there and you’re not gonna sweat your ass off within minutes of being there *cries*. You’re feeling yourself, and this is a vibe Beyoncé has perfected over the years. Heck, she is the epitome of great vibes. Let’s here it for Beyoncé and fall. Fallyoncé. Haha. Too far?

I like cats, rugby, and the New England Patriots. Tulane University '18
Her Campus Tulane