5 Picture Perfect Places to Elevate Your Instagram Aesthetic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

With Midterm exams in the full spring of things, it is easy to get lost in the “Tulane bubble”, not having the time or energy to venture outside the walls of the community, instead separating time between the library, class and the Boot Bar. Here are five must see places to encourage one to explore the amazing city of New Orleans. Now if your parents were to ask, “where are you going to take me over parents weekend,” you have five awesome comeback lines ready to go.

1. Ashley Longshore Gallery

Sarah Ashley Longshore, New Orleans based painter, is the owner of Longshore Studio Gallery. Right off magazine street, her gallery is the perfect place to unwind, admire, get inspired, and snap the perfect Instagram photo to add some brightness to your otherwise dull theme.

2. Catahoula Hotel Mural

Inside the Catahoula Hotel, one will find a mural of Trixie Minx, New Orleans based burlesque dancer, spanning an entire wall. It is almost impossible not to snap a picture once you see this jaw dropping image.

3. The Ace Hotel Rooftop Pool

Once spending $20 on food and drinks, locals and tourists are free to use the rooftop pool at the Ace Hotel. Here you will find delicious food, a relaxing pool, views of the city landscape, and a perfect place for your next Instagram.

4. District Donuts Sliders Brew 

District Donuts, now with three locations in the city of New Orleans, offers a menu ranging from salads, to burgers, to most famously donuts. District Donuts is not just a restaurant but an experience, offering you the perfect bite and Instagram opportunity all in one.

5. Crescent Park Piety Street Bridge​

Last, but certainly not least, the bridge at Crescent Park is used daily for wedding photos, senior portraits, and family Christmas cards. Celebrated for its interesting architecture, it is sure to help rack in the likes on your next Instagram post.