Style

5 NYFW Trends to Wear Around Campus This Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

If you are like me, then New York Fashion Week is a time for models and celebrities alike to wear the most outrageous fashions that any normal human could never actually pull off. Can you image me strutting to class in a full-length feather gown? I don’t think so. I am more of a jeans and t-shirt kind of gal. However, after taking a look at this years spring fashion trends donned during fashion week, I have managed to pull five new trends that one could actually wear to class. Take a look at my list, and get ahead of this year’s spring trends.

Mellow Yellow

One thing clear during fashion week: vibrant colors are going to be everywhere this spring and summer. In particular, Yellow is the new color of the season. An easy way to incorporate this trend into your life is with a pop of color in either your shoes, bag, or accessories. If that’s not your thing, I’m sure you would put a smile on someone’s face if they were to see you sporting a Yellow t-shirt in the line at PJ’s coffee. Bright colors always manage to elevate my mood and get me in the mindset for summer.

Lavender

If Yellow is not your thing, Lavender is always the way to go. Worn by designers including Tom Ford and Victoria Beckham, Lavender is a very on trend color this season. Whether wearing a pair of lavender sunglasses when tanning at the Reily social pool, or a Lavender baseball cap to class after a late Thursday at the Boot, I’m sure you would receive countless compliments!

Americana

Americana, another trendy staple this season includes: red, white, and, blue as well as stars and stripes. Think of it as wearing what you normally wear on fourth of July.

Tassels

Balmain, Céline, and Acne Studios were only a few of the countless designers showcasing tassels this season. Designs varied from crazy pants to colorful dresses. However, as a college student, an easy way I am choosing to incorporate tassels is my earring choice. I was just gifted a pair of tassel earrings for my birthday. Clipping some bold statement earrings on can elevate an outfit from boring to fashionable, giving you a little bit of extra confidence during Spanish class.

Geometric Cutouts

Lastly, geometric cutouts are going to continue to be a major staple this season. I feel the easiest way for any college student to incorporate this look is with a crazy bodysuit or crop top for a night out.