5 New Orleans Food Instagrams you Need to be Following

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

5 New Orleans Based Instagrams You Need To be Following

If you find yourself in New Orleans there is a pretty good chance you’re going to find yourself eating some damn good food. Whether you’re a student at Tulane (aka a professional Satsuma bagel plate instagramer) or just a plain ole’ foodie, it’s time you upgrade your food Insta game and get to following these New Orleans Instagrams. Run by some of Nola’s most famous eateries as well as anyonymous New Orleans residents, you’re taste buds can thank me later.

#1. @districtdonuts

This one is a given. If you haven’t had a District Donut yet then why are you still sitting at your computer? Priorities man, Priorities! With a daily post on today’s donut selections, District donut’s is a sugary game changer. Which will it be today? Raspberry Cheesecake or Oreo Cookie’s and Crème? 

#2. @nolafoodgals

This anonymously run food Instagram has over 5k followers and collects pictures from some of the best and guiltiest eats the city has to offer. If your stomach is not rumbling by the time you scroll down this Instagram feed then something just is not right. Sweet, savory, cheesy, doughy, fried, creamy and topped with icecream… I have a feeling this instagram will do it for you.

#3. @Foodie_two_shoes

Foodie two shoes is a food instagram run by a Tulane student who really knows how to eat. With a clean and crisp layout, this food instagram has everything from fluffy homemade pancakes to the juiciest looking burger in town. Not sure what you’re in the mood for tonight? I think you’ll figure it out after scrolling down a few posts.

#4.  @sucreneworleans

For any dessert lovers in the area, you probably already know what Sucre is. With house-made chocolates, a fully equipped sundae and gelato bar macaroons and dozens of other pastries and chocolates to choose from, this New Orleans based company (and Instagram) is one of the classiest, sweetest things to happen to the food scene in a while.  If you are feeling fancy and your sweet tooth is aching (I know mine always is) give this account a try.

#5. @nola_eats

Fried eggs on avocado toast, topping-loaded frozen yogurt, cream cheese and lox bagels, and an abundance of gourmet stacked sandwiches. This account won’t disappoint, with fresh food, vibrant colors, and a restaurant name in every caption so you can satisfy your cravings like a true resident of New Orleans.  Dive in one bite at a time.

Pic. 1 Pic. 2 Pic. 3 Pic. 4 Pic 5. 

Her Campus Tulane