10 Thoughts Every Girl Has Had In a Communal Bathroom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Everyone knows college is the best place to be, but with all the great features come some minimal downsides. A ton of work, tiny dorms, and the worst of all, communal bathrooms. 42 girls sharing 1 to 2 bathrooms is so not ideal. After having to hike all the way down the hall just to use the bathroom your priorities definitely start to change and you develop a new more barbaric way of thinking. For every girl who has had to use a communal bathroom here are some thoughts that I’m pretty sure we have all had:

1. What’s the most I can do in my dorm without it being gross: Brushing my teeth, blow drying my hair, popping my pimples, shaving??
  2. Do I reeeeally have to pee thaaaat badly: I can hold it in for a few more hours, days, weeks?
  3. Shaving in the shower = leg day: how do people do this without sitting
  4. If the best shower (my shower) is taken I WILL cry: first shower on the right. Water pressure is BOMB.
  5. Thank gd for flip flops: flip flops are a gift sent from heaven and we should be forever grateful
  6. Is it socially acceptable to wash my face at 4 am?: because no one likes sleeping with their “night out” makeup
  7. Brushing your teeth next to someone else – definitely a competition: I have better dental hygiene than you!!
  8. To the girls who clogged/did not flush the toilet – I hate you: were you not potty trained before coming to college???
  9. Not knowing if the mysterious hair in the shower is yours or not: is my hair that long?
  10. This is so gross but at least im not alone: to every girl who has used a communal bathroom I sooo feel for you. 
Her Campus Tulane