Women in Bed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Jessica Keener grew up in the Boston area, graduating early from high school and earning a bachelor’s degree from Boston University.  One bone marrow transplant, one master’s degree (from Brown University), one marriage, and a number of moves later, Keener is back in Boston with something new to add to her timeline.

The writer of the highly praised, Night Swim, is back at it again – this time about women, secrets, and sex.

Women in Bed holds the intimate stories of women and their relationships with lovers, foes, and the in-betweens.  Keener invites us into loving, lonely, passionate and sexual lives of women.  Through nine stories, mostly set in Boston, it’s easy for a collegiette to find a character or a story to relate to.

Jessica Anya Blau, writer of The Wonder Bread Summer, says that “it is impossible to turn away from these beautiful and evocative stories. Jessica Keener explores the courage, vulnerabilities, and strength of women in every phase of life. No matter who you are, you will see a version of yourself illuminated in this poignant, powerful book.

Get your copy of Women in Bed (hard copy or e-book!) here and learn more about Jessica Keener at jessicakeener.com

Danyelle McInnis is a graduating senior at Tufts University, majoring in English.  She's interested in short story-writing, journalism, marketing, photography, creating websites, baking, and grilled cheese sandwiches.  She's left-handed and always has a secret stash of candy on hand in case the world suddenly runs out of sugar.  In her spare time, she writes about her ongoing transformation from pack rat to minimalist on her blog, Greyer Than Gray.