What to Wear: Panhellenic Sorority Recruitment 2013

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Spring semester is upon us! Returning to campus after Winter Break is exciting for the entire Tufts community, but these next few days are especially special for those Collegiettes participating in Panhellenic Recruitment. Greek Life has been an on-campus tradition for more than 150 years, and Tufts is proud to be home to three sororities. While Rush Week is definitely a lot of fun, it can also be a bit nerve-wracking. We all know how much confidence you can get from rocking a cute outfit, so here are some tips to help you figure out what to wear during Recruitment, and hopefully to ease your nerves just a little!

Monday, January 21, 2013: Panhellenic Day

The first day of recruitment is pretty relaxed, but you still want to make a good impression with a cute outfit. A black, dark-wash, or even patterned (if you feel like you can rock them) jean, paired with a nice sweater and cute boots will definitely do the trick. Remember that accessories are a great way to highlight your personal style, but hint: leave the leggings at home.

Tuesday-Wednesday, January 22-23, 2013: Open Parties

Open Parties are when you get to know the individual sisters of each sorority on a more personal level, so you don’t want your outfit to be too distracting. Try putting together a cute but conservative outfit consisting of a nice blouse and pair of pants. When in doubt, dark wash jeans are always a safe beat!

Friday, January 25, 2013: Philanthropy Day

Philanthropy Day is a somewhat formal day, so each chapter likes to dress up for this occasion. A blazer and a silk top paired with either pants or a skirt, boots or booties are perfect for this day. (But don’t forget to still show off your style with a cute patterned top or a detailed blazer!)

Saturday, January 26, 2013: Preference Night

Preference Night is the last night before Bid Day, so it is a celebratory night and a time to dress up! A cute dress and heels, booties, or wedges should be hanging in your closet, ready for this night Make sure your dress makes you feel confident, but remember: Preference Night is not Winter Bash, so you will want to wear something that is flattering, yet somewhat conservative. As for shoes, you cannot go wrong with a nice pair of boots throughout Rush Week, but Preference Night is a great chance to break out a pair of heels or wedges! (Remember to make sure that your shoes are both cute and comfortable – you will be spending a good deal of the night walking across campus to the different chapters’ houses).

Alex Horvitz is a junior at Tufts University in Boston, MA. She is double-majoring in Economics and Psychology and minoring in Communications and Media Studies. With a passion for beauty blogging, Alex is a contributing beauty blogger for Her Campus. Alex is a Co-President of Her Campus Tufts and she also worked as a Sales & Marketing Associate for Her Campus during the Summer of 2012. Email AlexHorvitz@hercampus.com with questions or connect with her on Twitter @Alex_Horvitz or LinkedIn!