This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

From getting engaged to drunken day adventures with their parents, it seems that Tufts Students had quite an interesting time during our seven days of bliss (otherwise known as Spring Break). Check out what they had to say!

“I got engaged over break but only my fiancé’s family and my family know. I still don’t know how I’m going to break the news to my friends. I’ve kept the ring hidden in my pocket since I got back.”

Congratulations! But please don’t tell me you guys are freshmen?!

“The day before I went home my dog got really sick to the point of not getting up. We went to the vet and the cause was still inconclusive, so my mom drove to get some medicine. On the way there her new truck’s gas tank literally fell off of the vehicle, making her stuck an hour away. At least by the end of the day everything was looking up and we had donuts.”

Donuts always make everything seem better.

“Got day drunk with my parents…too many times”

I’m not sure if this seems fun or just plain weird.

“I got to go on the Tufts sailing team spring break trip. We spend a week camping at St. Mary’s college in Maryland. It snowed, so I had to dig myself out of my tent the next morning. Because it was so cold, I also was always wearing a million layers! It was good to get in practice with another team though, and campfires and bonding with my teammates was great!”

Oh, seems fun?

“I kissed a girl and I liked it. Thank god my boyfriend didn’t mind it.”

Haha… It felt so wrong, It felt so right. Don’t mean YOUR in love tonight. What a Katy Perry moment. 

Danyelle McInnis is a graduating senior at Tufts University, majoring in English.  She's interested in short story-writing, journalism, marketing, photography, creating websites, baking, and grilled cheese sandwiches.  She's left-handed and always has a secret stash of candy on hand in case the world suddenly runs out of sugar.  In her spare time, she writes about her ongoing transformation from pack rat to minimalist on her blog, Greyer Than Gray.