Spring Fling Goin’ Up On A Sunday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

In case you don’t know yet, it’s officially confirmed that Spring Fling is going to be on a Sunday this year. Traditionally on the Saturday before the last day of school, Spring Fling has always been one of the most anticipated campus events of the year. All of the students get to enjoy the concert on Prez Lawn and let loose right before finals hit, and last year the entire campus was covered in glitter when Kesha was our guest.

I reached out to Tufts Concert Board for the reason behind the rescheduling of Spring Fling this year. Turns out since the Saturday would be the last day of Passover, Spring Fling is going to be on the following Sunday, May 1st. Tufts has made the decision along with 40 other universities, and since Spring Fling is an event meant for students of all different faiths and backgrounds, the concert board wanted to be culturally sensitive and felt that this is the best choice for the student body as a whole.

According to Concert Board, the date change shouldn’t impact activities on campus since Spring Fling is early in the afternoon and also a dry event. However, since the event is on Sunday, registered parties aren’t allowed on campus on that day. Let’s hope that the Spring Fling is still going to be as amazing on a Sunday. Meanwhile let’s cross our fingers for an incredible lineup this year!