Sean Nostrand ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Name: Sean Nostrand

Year: Sophomore

Major: Civil Engineering 

Hometown: Ithaca, NY

What activities do you do around campus? Are you particularly passionate about anything?

Delta Tau Delta, Soccer, Club Lacrosse. I’m also very passionate about music in all forms. 

What is your favorite thing about Tufts? Why?

I mostly love the quirkiness and individualism of everybody. Nobody seems to be a part of a particular group which is why everyone seems to be able to fit in so well.

What is your favorite part about college? Why?

I’d have to say all of the great people I’ve met and fun times we’ve all had together. Some of the best memories of our lives are being made right now.

We have to ask, Dewick or Carmicheal?

I lived in Houston last year and I have to go with Carm. It’s just cozier. 

What is your ideal study spot?
If it’s warm out, outside on the prez lawn is where it’s at.

Anything cool you have found around Boston?

I love heading to South Station and eating at the food trucks that are there on saturdays, as well as going to as many concerts around the city as possible. 

Best part about spring semester?

Spring Fling!

What is the most fantastic date that you can dream up?

In a perfect world my dream date would begin with the perfect girl on a beautiful day with a long hike up a mountain by the sea. Then at the top we would enjoy a nice picnic, look out and see the ocean, listen to the birds sing and watch the dolphins do backflips as the sun shines gently behind.

Single or Taken?

Single. 

Any words of wisdom for the newer (or soon to be) Jumbos?

Try and live in the moment. Be spontaneous and enjoy all this school has to offer. 

Simmone Seymour is a current student at Tufts University studying Political Science, Economics, and Communications. She is interested in films, fashion, art, design, marketing, advertising, PR, blogging, new trends and the DIY movement. She is now the Campus Correspondent for the Tufts University Chapter of Her Campus and blogs for the Beauty School Blog. She aspires to get involved in marketing and has worked at Kirkland & Ellis LLP, Hungry Fish Media, Jack Morton Worldwide, Argopoint LLP, the Tufts Daily, the HC headquarters as a Marketing & Sales Associate, and at Leo Burnett Worldwide.In her spare time (which is far and in between) she freelance writes for publications, maintains a blog, learns about graphic design and coding, and explores which ever city she may be in. Her idols are Chelsea handler, Sheryl Sandberg, and Marissa Meyer.Got something fashion or beauty-related you think is amazing? Contact Simmone at SimmoneSeymour@hercampus.com to discuss article inquiries.