Restaurant Review: Boston Burger Company

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Boston Burger Company in Somerville is a friendly neighborhood spot for any event, from a casual date to a birthday celebration.

Starters

To start, Boston Burger Company offers a variety of appetizers, most known for their fries. Our personal favorite are the Bruschetta fries.

These fries include tomatoes, basil, sprinkles of garlic, and a drizzle of pesto mayonnaise—they’re to die for! If you want something a little more cheesy for appetizers, they also offer Mini Mac-ancinis, which are deep fried mac and cheese balls. Despite the high prices of these starters, we would still highly recommend them—the investment is well worth it!

Main Course

Now, onto the main course. The Boston Burger Company serves up to 28 different burgers. Some of these options include:

• The Hot Mess: crammed with bacon, sweet potato fries, homemade thousand island dressing, diced pickles, jalpeños, red onion, lettuce
  • 420 Burger: packed with mozzarella sticks, fried mac and cheese, onion rings, fries, bacon, golden BBQ sauce
  • Build Your Own: If you’re not feeling any of the conventional menu options, there’s always the build-your-own options, which lets you make your own creation!

BONUS: One burger, the Mac Attack, has a special claim-to-fame with its feature on Diner’s, Drive-Ins, and Dives. This burger is loaded with homemade 4-cheese mac & cheese, and bacon.

And if you’re on the pickier side and not a fan of burgers, Boston Burger is still the place for you. They offer a variety of chicken or veggie sandwiches served on a foccacia roll or a roll. 

Dessert

To end your epic meal, turn your attention to the Freaky Frappe Menu! Some of your options include:

• Vanilla
  • Chocolate
  • The King: vanilla ice cream, nutella, nutella wafers, and coconut
  • Oreo: vanilla ice cream, oreo cookies, chocolate syrup 

• Strawberry Shortcake: vanilla ice cream, strawberry jam, strawberries, and shortcake 

• Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana: vanilla ice cream, peanut butter, banana, and chocolate syrup

Oreo and Strawberry Shortcake are definitely fan-favorites!

If you happen to be around Cambridge and Boston, no fear, pop into the other Boston Burger locations at these hot spots. But as a disclaimer, make sure to get to any of these locations early because they don’t take reservations and the wait is always pretty long. Overall, we love Boston Burger Company and know that no matter your taste, a night at Boston Burger Company will not be a waste!