This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Name: Leila Smiley

Year: Senior

Major: Sociology

Hometown: Congers, NY

What’s your position?

Editor-in-chief

How long have you been with Her Campus?

I’ve been writing since my sophomore year.

What’s your favorite part about Her Campus?

It’s fun! I’ve always loved reading magazines and blogs, so it’s really fun to be part of the process of writing, editing, and publishing articles.

Any skills you’ve gained or opportunities you’ve gotten from Her Campus?

I’ve definitely learned a lot about organization since I became editor-in-chief—I have to keep track of all of the articles and what the other editors are doing, make sure we’re making all of our deadlines, and make sure we’re all communicating well.

Favorite Her Campus article?

I always love reading profiles, those are definitely my favorite. And my favorite article I’ve ever written was 15 Signs You Might Actually Be a Kardashian.

If you had to give up snapchat or instagram which would you pick?

Definitely instagram—I actually gave it up for a semester my junior year (and naturally wrote an article about it).

Guilty TV pleasure?

Right now I’m watching The Bachelor for the first time and I’m loving it.

Courtney is a junior at Tufts University where she is majoring in International Relations with a double minor in Communications & Media studies and Economics. She has previously worked for Santander Bank US as a Digital Marketing Analytics Intern as well as Jumpstart Knowledge Adventure where she focused on Social Media Content Creation.