This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Name: Jake Moran

Year: 2018

Hometown: Mansfield, MA

Major: Economics and Computer Science

Relationship Status: Single

What are you involved in on campus? For a couple years, I’ve been a speaker coach with TedxTufts. My job is to take a speaker’s general idea and work with them to form a fully drafted and rehearsed ~10 minute speech. It’s extremely rewarding because when I’m sitting in the audience and my speaker is about to go on stage, I’m almost as excited as they are. And when they inevitably nail their performance, I’m almost as happy as they are! Also, I’ve recently become a student consultant with 180 Degrees Consulting, and I can’t wait to get more involved with that.

What is the best piece of advice you have ever received? Everything that my friend Tommy Tang has told me to do even though I’ve never listened.

What is your fondest memory at Tufts so far? For Homecoming sophomore year, I brought one of my friends from home to Tufts for the first time, and we had a blast. She got along with all my Tufts friends, and we just had a carefree day filled with fun. That has to be my best day at Tufts so far.

Who is the most influential person in your life? Our lord and savior, Harambe. #DOFH

What are some of your favorite activities to do in your free time? I tend to be a TV addict if I let myself, and I read a lot as well. I also swim from time to time to exercise, though I should probably do that more often than I do.

Favorite song: I know most of campus doesn’t share my opinion on this, but I am a huge fan of country music. Picking a favorite song is really hard, so I’m going to pick a couple. My favorite concert song is “Live like you’re dying’ by Tim McGraw. My favorite sing-along song recently has been “Make You Mine” by High Valley, and my favorite chill song would be “Free” by Zac Brown Band.

Favorite band/artist: Again, it’s country (Shameless plug: Please start listening to country and liking it and talking about it, so we can have someone country for spring fling, thx.). I would have to say Tim McGraw would be my favorite artist, although there are a few close seconds.

What is your spirit animal? I would say a dolphin, but mostly that’s just because it would be cool to be a dolphin. Or maybe it’s a falcon to just be up high and observe everything.

If you could do anything in your life, what would it be? It’s pretty cliché but I want to travel to as many places that I can and experience as much as I can. I feel like if you live your life in the same place doing the same thing all the time, you’re really just wasting your life.

Describe yourself in 3 Words: Passionate, Argumentative, Outgoing

If someone were to play you in a movie, who would it be? I got told in high school once that I look like Jim Halpert from “The Office,” and no one has ever said I look like a celebrity besides that, so John Krasinki, I guess.

Dream date: He would take me to do something I’ve never done before, and then we would end up somewhere where we can see the stars and just lay there and talk and cuddle.

Favorite food: I have a habit of buying baby carrots whenever I go to the supermarket, and I can wolf those down like no other, so I would have to say baby carrots.