Meet the Here is My Coupon Team!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Here Is My Coupon Team

Meet Here is My Coupon (HIMC) Lead Marketing Associate, Sydney Griffith ’16, and Marketing Associates, Isabella Garces ‘18, Eni Akintade ‘16, Tiffany Von Walter ’17, Catherine Worley ’16, Jennifer Wong ‘16, Carly Reilly ‘16, Caitlin Little ‘16, and Suah Lee ‘16

Fun Fact?

Syd: I’m obsessed with smoked salmon.

Isabella: I had a pet raccoon once.

Eni: Sitting, dancing andhyperventilating two rows behind Michelle, Sasha and Malia Obama at a Beyoncé concert in D.C.

Tiff: I danced competitive salsa back home!

Catherine: Bacon and Christmas are my favorite things.

Jenn: The way to my heart is through my stomach <3

Carly: I went and saw The Daily Show live my freshman year and Jon Stewart made a joke at my expense after the show.  

Cait: I had my first kiwi ever freshman year.

Suah: I order-in more times a week than is socially acceptable.

What is Here Is My Coupon and how does it work?

Syd: HIMC is an online coupon company that provides college students with an entrepreneurial way to raise money for student groups. To fundraise, collegiettes can approach merchants in their local area and request business owners to post their own personalized coupon to HereIsMyCoupon.com. Each college student group will earn $45-$72 for every coupon they get posted on the website. Students can also make money for themselves by referring their friends at other colleges to the HIMC website. For example, if I told my friend at BU to fundraise through HIMC and she registered on the site under my name, then I would make $200 once her college group got over 24 coupons posted on the website. To summarize, HIMC helps college students fundraise for their groups, provides merchants with more traffic through coupons, provides free online coupons for everyone in the community, and provides a way for college to make a personal profit. It’s a win-win situation!

How did you get involved with Here Is My Coupon?

Syd: I worked at A.E. Schwartz & Associates last summer as a sales and marketing intern. Because my boss knew that I was interested in entrepreneurship, he allowed me to review one of his business plans–that is, HIMCand I thought it was the coolest idea ever! I felt that my friends and I could benefit from the model, so I expressed interest in getting involved in the company. My boss put me in charge and ever since then I’ve been working on it everyday and have recruited ten Tufts University women to help me launch the company. 

How can Here Is My Coupon help Tufts students?

Syd: HIMC can help Tufts University student groups fundraise money for any occassion. For example, the Strong Women Strong Girls group is interested in fundraising through HIMC in an effort to bring in speakers that will educate their mentors. Similarly, the Boys Club Soccer Team will use HIMC to raise money to go to Nationals next semester and the Girls Varsity Tennis Teams will use it to fundraise for their spring break trip.

How does one begin fundraising through HIMC?

Syd: In a few weeks student groups will be able to pre-register and secure their spot at their college to fundraise with HIMC. All you have to do is go on the website ( HereIsMyCoupon.com), register your college group, and then wait for updates. By the time students get back from Christmas break, they will be able to begin speaking with merchants, recruiting coupons to our website, and making money.

Anything else we should know?

Syd: The business model was designed to help eager and entrepreneurial-minded college students raise money, but there are so many other benefits. Those who choose to lead their student groups gain practical leadership skills and those who choose to speak to the merchants gain communication and sales experience. In this way, being part of this fundraising venture will let you develop various useful skills, which can also help boost your resume.

Edited by Adriana Guardans-Godo