Lux Model: Michael Lambert ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Name: Michael Lambert

Nickname(s): Lambtron, Lambie

Hometown: South Hadley, MA

Majors: Chemical Engineering and Biomedical Engineering Design

Year: 2013 

How did you decide that you wanted to participate in the upcoming Lux fashion show? What has been your favorite part about the experience? Are you nervous for the show? My RA freshman year, Hyomi Carty, was one of the former directors of the fashion show, so I knew that I wanted to try out at least once. It came to senior year and I hadn’t done so, and since it [benefits Tufts China Care Charity, which is] such good cause, I decided to give it a try. So far my favorite part of the experience has been getting to know everyone involved with the show, and the whole group experience of learning how to model through and with one another. Right now I’m a little nervous for the show, but I’m equally excited. It should be fun.

Do you play on any sports teams at Tufts? Did the team, coach, program, etc. have any impact on your decision to come to Tufts? I was a captain for both the Water Polo Club and [Varsity] Swim Teams this year. The swim team was definitely a perk in coming to Tufts, and it has been a major motivator and reason for me to stay at Tufts. It has been amazing to know that I will always have this amazing team supporting me in all my endeavors.

Are you in a frat? Why did you decide to pledge this frat in particular? What is your favorite thing about it? My freshman spring I pledged ATO. Originally I never planned on Greek Life but the welcoming environment and fact that it let both men and women join changed my mind on the subject. My favorite part about ATO is the diverse environment we have within in the house – it makes everything we do together that much better.

Do you have any siblings? I have a twin brother, Joe, but even if you met us together, you wouldn’t know that we are related.

What are your three favorite things about Tufts? Brian Tim Marko (“The Legend”), Tony Monaco (How many college presidents play water polo with their athletes?), and my frat star freshman swimmers.

Are you single, taken, waiting till marriage … what’s your deal? Single.

Favorite Movie(s): Animated Disney movies.

Favorite Book: Looking for Alaska

Favorite Song: “Look Through My Eyes” by Phil Collins

Carm or Dewick? Carm to get work done, and Dewick to avoid work.

Who is your favorite superhero? Daredevil

Mila Kunis or Blake Lively? Mila Kunis, although you’re asking me to compare apples and oranges.

What was your most embarrassing moment: Nothing is embarrassing if you can laugh at yourself when all is said and done.

What are you looking forward to during second semester? Spending a few great months with the [senior class of] 2013 and all of the friends I’ve made at Tufts.

Jessica Lee is a senior at Tufts University in Medford, MA. Before transferring to Tufts in the fall of 2011, she spent a semester abroad in Paris, and studied at Claremont McKenna College in Claremont, CA, for two years. Jessica is majoring in English and minoring in Communications & Media Studies, with an eye towards working in PR or Marketing. Never one to shy away from taboo topics or keep her opinion to herself, Jessica enjoys coming up with topics for her weekly “He Said vs. She Said” column.
Simmone Seymour is a current student at Tufts University studying Political Science, Economics, and Communications. She is interested in films, fashion, art, design, marketing, advertising, PR, blogging, new trends and the DIY movement. She is now the Campus Correspondent for the Tufts University Chapter of Her Campus and blogs for the Beauty School Blog. She aspires to get involved in marketing and has worked at Kirkland & Ellis LLP, Hungry Fish Media, Jack Morton Worldwide, Argopoint LLP, the Tufts Daily, the HC headquarters as a Marketing & Sales Associate, and at Leo Burnett Worldwide.In her spare time (which is far and in between) she freelance writes for publications, maintains a blog, learns about graphic design and coding, and explores which ever city she may be in. Her idols are Chelsea handler, Sheryl Sandberg, and Marissa Meyer.Got something fashion or beauty-related you think is amazing? Contact Simmone at SimmoneSeymour@hercampus.com to discuss article inquiries.