This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

You’re new to Tufts, and obviously one of the most important thing that’s on your mind is FOOD! Where are you going to eat? What’s the best dining hall to eat at? What if I’m sick of dining hall food–where will I go? If these are the questions you find swimming through your mind, then this is the guide for you.

1. Dewick vs. Carm

When you get to Tufts, one of the most important questions you’ll have to answer is: are you a Dewick person, or a Carm person? The two competing dining halls on campus, Dewick MacPhie (the downhill dining hall) and Carmichael Hall (the uphill dining hall) are both great dining halls that serve a huge variety of food. As a freshman on an unlimited meal plan, these dining halls will be your second home. Get ready for stir fry, omelette, and crepe nights at Carm, and fondue and Indian food nights at Dewick! And of course, every Thursday and Sunday – the sundae bar!

2. Hodgdon

If you don’t have time to sit down and eat, Hodgdon is the place to go. It’s the on campus take-out place where you can use your meal plan! You can also get popsicles, chips, all kinds of goodies–and even use your meal plan to get birthday cakes for your friends!

3. The Campus Center

If you’re sick of eating at the dining halls, The Commons and Hotung Café are great places to go to get a quick bite to eat. They have sandwiches, wraps, burgers and much more. You can’t use your meal plan during the week, but you can use JumboCash–and on the weekend, you can use your meal plan to get late night delights at the Commons (mmm… that mac and cheese though).

4. Davis Square and Boston

A short walk away from Tufts, Davis Square is an amazing place to get food. From crepes, to indian food, to falafel and FOUR PLACES to get fro-yo, Davis is your food haven outside Tufts. Other than that, when you feel like going on adventures in Boston, the North End is a perfect place for authentic Italian food–and Legal Sea Foods just speaks for itself.

Don’t forget that there are tons of places where you can order food to be delivered straight to your dorm room until very late at night (e.g. Pizza Days, Dominos, Rose’s). If you need some ideas, just check out www.grubhub.com.

Happy eating, baby Jumbos!

Photos courtesy of: dining.tufts.edu, tuftsphoto.photoshelter.com, examiner.com.

Hometown: SingaporeSophomore majoring in English and Psychology with a minor in Computer Science