toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Halloween Do’s and Don’t’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

When you get to college, you quickly realize that halloween is no longer a one night experience. Halloween at Tufts is a three night party! Given that Halloween is my favorite holiday, here is a list of my Halloween do’s and don’t’s for Halloween at Tufts:

Do: Come up with a fun and creative Halloween costume!

Don’t: Try to sexualize every costume idea possible… It just doesn’t work sometimes.

Do: Have multiple costumes prepared. Halloween is not a one-day festivity.

Don’t: Wear the same costume every night. Especially without washing it…

Do: Put candy outside of your door! The Medford/Somerville area is filled with families that will be trick-or-treating on Halloween. You don’t want to be the lame neighbor, do you?

Don’t: Eat all of the candy before Halloween. (I’m entirely guilty of this one).

Do: Clear your weekend. Since Halloween is on a Friday this year, that means you should start making plans to get ahead of your work early.

Don’t: Sprint the marathon. No need for your Halloweekend to be ruined after one night.

Do: Watch Hocus Pocus (because it is THE best Halloween tradition!)

Don’t: Start decorating your house for Christmas just because it is November the following day… Too soon.