Campus Celeb: Kenneth Postigo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Name: Kenneth Postigo

Year: 2017

Hometown: Corona, NY

Major: Electrical Engineering

What do you do on campus?

Recently I’ve just been biking a lot and listening to all kinds of music. I like DJing whenever I have time.

How did you become a DJ?

I met a friend in high school who had equipment and he invited me to play shows with him and his roommate and we kind of became a thing.

What is the best party you’ve DJed?

I think other than this high school party where kids caved in the floor, I really enjoyed a Halloween party in Hillsides. It was such a small place but people were actually enjoying themselves which in my opinion is rare to see around here.

What’s your favorite part about DJing a party?

Just elevating everyone’s moods and making them feel like everything’s good with the world.

How can someone contact you if they want you to DJ their party?

Facebook would probably be the first option.

What’s your favorite song to hear at a party?

There isn’t just one song, it has to be a series of songs. I could say, for example, a Kaytranada song but if you play something that doesn’t work after that what was the point of either song?

Least favorite?

Blank Space

Single, taken, it’s complicated?

Single

If you were a drink, what would you be?

Milo hands down.

What’s your favorite spot on campus?

The hill outside of dewick.

What’s your most embarrassing middle/high school dance story?

Someone asked me to a dance 3 months well before the dance and I forgot, asked someone else to the dance then they both resented me and I ended up going alone haha.

What’s your favorite song?

At the moment it’s Uptown Skank by Nacey

Guilty pleasure?

Counter Strike, it’s a computer game that I’m just nostalgic about.

Dewick or Carm?

Dewick.

What’s your favorite pickup line?

My name’s Ken, it’s 3 letters, like sex.

What’s something most people don’t know about you?

I really try to think about why I do what I do from the smallest of things to the biggest decisions. I’m not an over-thinker though.