A Bunch of Prince of Egypt GIFs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Today is the last day of Passover, the week-long holiday celebrating the Jewish people’s liberation from Egypt. If you didn’t know it was Passover, then you must not have very many Jewish friends because it is all we talk about for the entire week. Why do Jews talk about it so much, you ask? Because we CAN’T *clapping emoji* EAT *clapping emoji* BREAD. No bread, no pasta, no cake, no burritos, no muffins, no bagels, no waffles, no onion rings, no mozzarella sticks, the list goes on. It’s a rough life. Here is a little about the eight-day, breadless journey we embark on every year:

Passover begins at sundown the first day and dinner that night is what we call a Seder. Seder means order in Hebrew, and we call it that because we go through a book called a Haggadah in a certain order and go over the story of Passover. Here is a quick summary:

(Moses’ mom putting him in the river, he is then found and raised by Pharoah’s daughter)

(Pharoah’s daughter comforting Moses during his personal conflict over the treatment of the Jewish slaves)

(Moses leaves the royal family to become a fighter for Jewish freedom.)

(God sends a bunch of plagues, here are a few of them. The last plague was death of the first born son, but I couldn’t find a gif for that.)

(Pharoah lets the jews go!)

(Moses splits the red sea so the Jews can leave Egypt. The Jews then spend 40 years in the desert until they finally get to Israel, also couldn’t find a gif for that.)

Now that you get the gist… Happy Passover!

Oh! Also the reason we can’t eat bread is because when the Jews were leaving Egypt they were rushing in case the Pharoah changed his mind, so they didn’t have time to let their bread rise. On Passover, we eat an unleavened cracker called Matzah, which is what the Jews ate during their escape from Egypt.

Junior at Tufts University