10 Motivational Quotes to Get You Through Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

1.      You can’t make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen. –Michelle Obama

Listen to the First Lady, collegiettes.  Be brave and focus on the present!

2.      Take your risks now, as you grow older you become more fearful and less flexible.  And I mean that literally.  I hurt my knee this week on the treadmill, and it wasn’t even on. –Amy Poehler

Great inspiration from Amy Poehler! But I might not relate this to studying for finals…I would not risk skipping out on that!

3.      I strongly believe if you work hard, whatever you want, it will come to you.  I know that’s easier said than done, but keep trying. –Beyoncé

Keep studying for that bio final, collegiettes. Hard work will pay off!

4.      Confidence is 10% hard work and 90% delusion. –Tina Fey

Don’t forget this when you walk into your finals.  Don’t let tricky questions intimidate you!

5.       I have one piece of advice for you: sleep your way to the top. –Arianna Huffington

As Arianna Huffington, creator of the Huffington Post, reminds us, sleep is key.  Remember to get enough sleep before your finals!

6.      If you can sleep, breathe, work hard, wish for the best and do everything you can to prepare, I bet you’ll do well — as well as you can. And that’s all anybody can ask for. –Amy Poehler

All that matters is that you try your best, no matter what grades you get.

7.      Every moment wasted looking back keeps us from moving forward. – Hillary Clinton

And, if your final grades aren’t as flawless as you’d have liked, instead of worrying about the grades you can’t change, think about how you can improve in the future.

8.      Don’t worry about the b*tches—that could be a good motto, because you come across people like that your whole life. – Jennifer Lawrence

Focus on yourself, especially during finals.  Be your best self and don’t worry about anyone else or what grades they’re getting.

9.      If you are overdressed, it is a comment on them.  If you are underdressed, it is a comment on you. – Condoleezza Rice

We love this quote, but during finals it’s definitely acceptable to strut around Tisch in your sweats.  Feel free to save dressing for success for your job interviews!

10.  Get at least 8 hours of beauty sleep, nine if you’re ugly. – Betty White

Clearly, we can’t emphasize this enough!  No amount of caffeine will feel as energizing as a good night’s sleep!

Looking for more helpful articles for surviving finals? Check out this article on study snacks.

Photos courtesy of…www.myhero.com, www.huffingtonpost.com, www.factmag.com, www.empireonline.com, www.brownpoliticalreview.org, www.babyzone.com, www.mrconservative.com, www.dailyhiit.com, www.newsone.com, www.twitter.com, www.gainesvillescene.com

Danyelle McInnis is a graduating senior at Tufts University, majoring in English.  She's interested in short story-writing, journalism, marketing, photography, creating websites, baking, and grilled cheese sandwiches.  She's left-handed and always has a secret stash of candy on hand in case the world suddenly runs out of sugar.  In her spare time, she writes about her ongoing transformation from pack rat to minimalist on her blog, Greyer Than Gray.