Women’s Volleyball Star Kate Giddens ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

This week’s campus celeb focuses on female, scholar athlete Katherine Giddens.  Giddens, a four-year starter for Trinity’s Women’s Volleyball team, from Rancho Palos Verdes, CA, has had a huge impact for the bantams throughout her four years here.  When talking with Kate, she described her experience at Trinity as one of a kind and spoke about the importance of her supportive teammates throughout her years here.  

As a freshman, Kate led Trinity in hitting percentage ranking ninth in the NESCAC, and in addition was second in blocks for the team.  Her junior year, Kate was voted a captain of the team due to her impressive statistics and her award given to her by the team named Nails Award for toughness.  As a junior, Kate was named to the All-NESCAC Academic Team and to the All-NESCAC Second Team.  She is currently finishing off her career stronger than ever breaking records here at Trinity.  

Aside from kills, aces, and digs, Kate is an exemplary performer in the classroom.  With a rigorous course load and double major in biology and classical studies, Kate also managed to be inducted into Trinity’s Beta Beta Beta society for excellence in biology. Way to go Kate!  Killing it on the court and in the classroom!!

However, when Kate is not playing volleyball or studying, she enjoys work out videos in her room and making healthy treats for her roommates to eat!  This campus celeb seems to have it all huh?!  Make sure to come out and celebrate Kate and her fellow seniors; Hunter Drews, Katie Steuber, Gina Buzzelli, Tori Larson, and Susannah Matthai this Saturday at 2PM in the Ray Oosting Gymnasium for senior day! And be sure to scream extra loud for our very own Her Campus Celeb number 18!!!

Currently a Senior at Trinity College with a major of Educational Studies and Special Ed. Four year member and captain of the Women's Basketball Team.
Kelly is a junior at Trinity College, double majoring in English and American Studies. Besides being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus, she is a barista at Peter B's Espresso, Features Editor of The Trinity Tripod, and a member of the executive council for SGA.