VP of Inter-Greek Council: Jake Jordan ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

Name: Jacob Steven Jordan

Major: Political Science with a concentration in International Relations

Hometown: Saunderstown, RI

Other involvement on campus: Brother of Psi Upsilon, Treasurer of Trinity College Club for the Veterans of the United States of America, President of Trinity College Book Club, VP of the Inter-Greek council, TA, Uncle of Rocko (the Psi u dog).

Why should students consider rushing a sorority or fraternity?

Because sometimes when you go away to college and have grown up with a loving family, you need to find your family at college- Greek life provides a family away from home. You get brothers from all walks of life and leads to storng brotherhoods and strong sisterhoods that are beneficial to members growth and development. Greek life is a meritocracy. 

What is something that surprised you about Greek Life?

The unity in the system and the ability for people to come together for a common cause. The trust that brothers have with each other including the alumni.  

What charitable organizations does Psi U support? What are your major philanthropies you support?

Psi U supports the Veterans club (we are having a concert to benefit the Veterans of America where the proceeds will be donated to Hatford Veterans Hospital). We also have a bi-annual blood drive with the American Red Cross. Our house is opened every year for Halloween on Vernon, where we get to interact with children from the community. We have also had date auctions and have raised money for Kappa Kisses, which helps raise awareness for campus assault. We raised three thousand dollars last year in support of the ALS ice bucket challenge. We are also a huge participant in Relay for Life and are planning on participating in Mo’vember to raise awareness for Prostate Cancer. We are sponsoring a basketball tournament for Boys and Girls Club in Hartford. We pride ourselves in our community outreach and ability to give back to national organizations.    

What is your favorite memory from your time in Psi U?

When alumni come back to their home and we get to form strong bonds with them. And Tropical.   

What advice would you give to potential new members?

Go with your heart and do what is right for you. Do not let others influence your decisions. 

Anything else you want to say about greek life at Trinity College: 

Greek life is a very positive part of Trinity, which is sometimes overlooked but I think anyone who is part of Trinity’s Greek Life is benefiting from the experience. 

Kelly is a junior at Trinity College, double majoring in English and American Studies. Besides being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus, she is a barista at Peter B's Espresso, Features Editor of The Trinity Tripod, and a member of the executive council for SGA.