sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Valentine’s Day Crafts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

Valentine’s Day is coming, this Tuesday, and if you don’t have time (or want to – hello, snow) to run out and scout the stores to buy something for your sweetheart, make them something instead!  Or if you’re single and ready to mingle, make some crafts with your closest friends to get you in that loving mood.

1. For your SO: Valentine’s Day Jenga

Write on each Jenga piece every reason why you love/like them.It’s a really sweet way to make your partner swoon and you get a game out of it!

2. For Anyone You Love: DIY Roses Card

Go to the cave and pick up so celery (or take the celery out of the fridge that you bought thinking, “Yes, I will eat this becasue I’m healthy af!”  Get red paint a construction paper and make a “celery roses card!”  Hand made cards are thoughtful and show just how much time went in to making something for that person.  

3. For Your Dorm: Valentine’s Day Yarn Garland

Garland is a great way to spruce up a wall and add a touch of color to an otherwise dull dorm room.  This is a super simple tutorial on how to make the acutal yarm pom poms.  Then thread the little poms through a thick string and viola!  

4. For Your Baking Skills: Red Velvet Whoppi Pies

I’m a sucker for whoopi pies and if you’re dorm has  kitchen and you try these out hmu.  Recipe here!  

5. For Bae: A Pull-Up Photo Box

Give your Valentine an adorable photo album of you two together.  Check out the DIY here!