Trinity College Hillel presents Pink Shabbat

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

Even for all you non-Jewish collegiettes out there, Shabbat is always a good way to kick off your Friday night festivities. But this week, it’s even better: a charitable catered meal for a good cause, where everything in the room is pink!!

This Friday, November 20, the Hillel House will be hosting its tenth annual Pink Shabbat at 6pm in Hamlin Hall. Pink Shabbat is organized each year to fundraise and spread awareness for breast cancer, a disease which has most definitely affected each and every one of us, either directly or through the pain of a friend or family member. All proceeds of Pink Shabbat will be donated to Sharsheret, a wonderful not-for-profit organization supporting Jewish women facing breast cancer and their families. T-shirts are available for purchase at lunch and dinner in Mather Hall this week, and will be available at the event as well. Each shirt costs $10, but donations will be welcomed with open arms!

At the event, you’ll be able to hear from a student speaker, eat a delicious meal, indulge in a lovely a cappella performance from The Quirks, and go home with plenty of free pink goodies. Absolutely everyone is welcome to join in on the fun!

This event is sponsored by Zachs’ Hillel House, EROS, WGRAC, La Voz Latina, Kappa Kappa Gamma, Kappa Sigma, The Charleston House, The Ivy Society, The Quirks, and Ski Team.

Kelly is a junior at Trinity College, double majoring in English and American Studies. Besides being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus, she is a barista at Peter B's Espresso, Features Editor of The Trinity Tripod, and a member of the executive council for SGA.