Spring Weekend Line Up: What to Expect

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

Unfortunately for us it looks like rain this Friday, so the concert has been moved inside. Fortunately for us, it’s still going to be an amazing time. How do I know? Because it’s a Trinity spring weekend. But bad weather can put a damper on things (pun definitely intended), so here’s a break down of who’s playing this weekend to help put you in the spring weekend mood.

1. BKAYE

Genre: EDM / Electronic Dance Music

Who: Brian Kelley

Sample music: listen here!

BKAYE has got some great remixes on his soundcloud, including one of Bebe Rexha’s new song “I Got You.”

2. Viceroy

Genre: His Facebook says, “Summertime all the time.” We’re going to take that as Kygo-y island vibes. But it’s probably best to be understood as EDM. Maybe we’re just nostalgic for Kygo.

Sample music: listen here!

Viceroy is pretty good and offers music different than just remixed mainstream songs (if that’s not what you’re into). One of my personal favorites of his is “Illuminate,” which you can find on his soundcloud linked above.

3. Louis the Child

Genre: Again, we got some funny guys on Facebook. They’re listed as “Happy,” but it looks like another EDM group to us.

Who: Robby Hauldren and Freddy Kennett

Sample music: listen here!

They’ve just released a new EP on soundcloud about a month ago, so definitely check that out if you’re unfamiliar with Louis the Child. Their vibes are definitely in the same genre as previous spring weekend performers; I personally love their song “Fire.”

Hi all! My name is Emily, and I'm a Junior at Trinity College. In my spare time play basketball, and I enjoy painting my nails (especially when the activity simultaneously works as a means of procrastination).