Our Favorite Fall TV Shows!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

Unless you live under a rock, you probably know that many Fall shows have FINALLY returned! We compiled a list of our faves and gave you ample enough reason to watch all. Log on to Hulu, HBO OnDemand, or ya know, that archaic television box that some of us still have and get to know this season’s hottest shows. 

SCANDAL.

Ashley’s pick: I have to admit that I’m semi-new to the Scandal bandwagon, having only started binge-watching it last Spring. However, once I started it, I was instantly hooked – and primarily for two reasons: Fitz’s hair and Liv’s Coats. Scandal started back up this past week, so jump on Hulu to catch yourself up a$ap!

Halley’s pick: I have been an avid watcher of the show for all three season and I have to admit, the end of last season had me worried about what direction the show was headed in. However, after watching the premier and second episode of the new season, I could not be more excited for the episodes to come. Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington) back, more so than she ever has been. Scandal is a dramatic, entertaining, interesting, thrilling, and fun show to watch. I recommend it to everyone!

HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER.

Austen’s pick: Shonda Rhimes has done it again with her new show How To Get Away With Murder. It’s a tad creepy, but quite action packed. I’m hooked. If you haven’t started watching, don’t worry – it’s only on episode three. So catch up and start watching this Thursday! #TGIT

BROOKLYN NINE NINE.

Emily’s pick: I started watching it over the summer and it immediately become one of my favorite TV shows. It is a hilarious, witty, and an engaging comedy staring Andy Samdberg. It focuses on the detectives and their newly appointed captain in the 99 precinct. The cast is stacked and every episode gets better and better. It is only on it’s second season so there is plenty of time to catch up! Airs on Sunday nights at 7:30/8:30 central on Fox. It also is available on Hulu Monday mornings.

REVENGE. 

Steph’s pick: Emily Thorne’s efforts to derail the Grayson family have never looked more promising. This season has brought some game changing surprises to the Hamptons. So if you’re new to the series it’s on Netflix and only 3 seasons long (so like 2 days of dedication right?). Season four is on its way, I suggest you get in on the action!

HOMELAND. 

Sophie’s pick: HBO’s biggest thriller is back on Sundays. After the heart-gripping season finale (RIP Brody), I cannot wait to see what Carrie’s future will look like with the CIA. I wonder what will happen with the rest of her pregnancy, the awkward sexual tension between her and Quinn, and the other members of the CIA with the tensions rising in the Middle East. The season opener starts tonight, and I am literally dying of anticipation!

AMERICAN HORROR STORY.

Aimee’s pick: The fourth season of this spooky series begins this week with a new theme to boot called “Freak Show”. This time, prepare for some spine tingling action in a brand new setting, complete with a sword eater, a two-headed lady and a clown that I shudder just thinking about. If you can get past the chilling intro montage, I promise you this show will have you hooked from start to finish! If you need me this Wednesday, I’ll be watching the season premiere under my blanket.

NEW GIRL.

Samira’s Pick: This show has me straight up lol-ing from start to end, and with Coach back with the gang the hilarity has only doubled and all seems right with the world. All jokes aside though, sadly, Jess and Nick recently broke up, and although I don’t see this being the end for those two, I’m really curious to see if the power couple that is Schmidt and Cici will rekindle. I’m feeling a strong yes on this one, but wishful thinking perhaps? We’ll see!

American Studies Major at Trinity College