Our Favorite Dorms: the Housing Lottery

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

As the end of the year winds down, it becomes time to think about housing arrangements for next year … yikes.  A lot of the time, it’s hard to know what you really want.  Do you really think you can survive in a quad?  Is a single the best thing for your social life?  Here are our reviews of housing, past and present. 

Mary:  This year, I lived in Cook in a two room double, and honestly, it worked out great for me.  My roommate and I got along really well and the room gives you just enough privacy without feeling lonely.  Cook isn’t considered “good” housing by any stretch of the means, but the Cook doubles are fantastic, big, have fireplaces, a lot of storage, a direct view of the beautiful Chapel and Long Walk, and the bathroom is cleaned daily for you.  I highly recommend Cook doubles.

Meghan: If you’re a girl and haven’t figured out the secret of Hansen 326, then you need to be reconsidering your housing dream sheet. Hansen 326 is a quad that has a spectacular view of the soccer field, baseball field, football field, and the chapel. Its main window juts out, so you have a cozy perch to watch all of the games and scenery. What makes it even better? If you bring in two additional friends and they live in H325 and H324, the six of you are divided from the rest of the building by a fire door, so you can close it and transform the space into a 6 person suite! In addition, you are within 10 feet of the girl’s bathroom, so you can kiss goodbye to the long haul just to brush your teeth.

Sarah: As much as I wanted to live in Jarvis my sophomore year, my friends and I just didn’t have the lottery numbers for it. So, we decided to snag some quads and singles in Hansen. We had a great view of the sports fields from our windows, so we didn’t have to leave the room to catch a game! It was also pretty quiet, which was nice whenever i had to get some sleep for a night-before-a-test or a night-before-a-race.

Kirstin: My favorite place I’ve lived on campus has to be the single in Wheaton I had freshman year. I loved the freedom of a single and having my own space. I lived on an all girl floor where everyone was super friendly and helpful! It was a nice to live on a close knit floor. During this time period, I had not yet realized my love for the Bistro, so it was conveniently close to Mather where I had almost every meal, and the library where I spent all of my time.  

Emily: Boardwalk is super underrated. No one thinks about it because there’s no singles, but you get a lot of space in those rooms and a great common room. Plus, you get your own bathroom! However, Jarvis would have to be my favorite so far. It’s a great location, and I just think it’s a must for the Trinity experience.