Most Wearable Fall Fashion Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

There is no denying it any longer; fall is upon on us. Now that it’s October, it’s no longer acceptable to be seen running to class in our summer floral dresses or printed shorts, wishing it was still summer. If you’re still lost in the summer haze, I’m here to pull you out and get you excited for fall clothes! My “Bible”, more commonly known as the Vogue September issue, has guided me through the many fall 2011 trends and helped me choose my wardrobe. Here, I’ve created a list of my upcoming trends for this new season so you’ll be glam from head to toe.

• Brightly colored pants–Although most of you probably consider this a summer or spring trend, it’s perfect for the fall! What’s a better way of sprucing up your sweaters from last year than some bright blue or red pants? These pants add life to the sometimes dull and dark colors of fall.
  • Tuxedo style clothing–Men aren’t the only ones allowed to rock this look.  For a prepster like me, I could not be happier that this trend is back! It’s an easy way of upgrading your old wardrobe. Start by adding a fantastic tuxedo shirt with last year’s leggings or jeans, which adds a ton of style without even trying.
  • Lace–Now that it’s fall, it also means it’s getting cold so our summer tanks and skirts don’t cut it anymore when heading out at night. Instead try a long-sleeved mini lace dress, or a lace top with a black bandeau. These looks are sure to have you heating up the night.
  • Mod styled anything–This look is easily my favorite! Look for skinny cropped pants, mini skirts, tunic tops, and boxy jackets. Or simply add tasseled loafers or knee high boots and a peter-pan collar and you have mastered this look. 
  • Graphic stripes and polka dots–These two classic prints are going to be everywhere this fall. They are an easy, fun, and inexpensive way of transforming your look.
  • Blazers–A staple in my wardrobe and a great way of transforming any outfit. They are great for layering and come in a ton of different styles perfect for everyone. Throw one over a sweater or a dress and you are ready for fall!
  • Chunky sweaters–This is a quintessential fall trend and there is a reason it never goes out of style! Who doesn’t love throwing on a warm thick knit sweater; it is easy and beyond comfortable, yet you always manage to look fashionable. My secret for this trend? Skip the mall and hit your dad’s closet for some fantastic finds (Thanks, Dad!).
  • Nail trends–My favorite colors for this season are taupe, eggplant, maroon, and hunter green. Also a new trend I love is the snakeskin manicure. Some salons place real snakeskin on your nails, but there are also less expensive decals creating the same look. 
  • Hair trends: Loose braids, thick bangs, elegant ponytails, messy buns, twist and pin, and feathers. All of these are great and easy styles that match any of the trends listed above.

I hope my style guide helped you! Now, treat the Long walk like the catwalk. Can’t wait to see you out there!

Photo credit: http://www.glamour.com/fashion/2011/08/the-only-10-styles-you-need-to-bu…