Making Ferris Fun

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

Alright, ladies, spring break is just around the corner, and for a lot of us, that means: swimsuits.  Worse than just swimsuits?  Bikinis.  (*shudders*)

Swimsuit season has such a negative connotation to it since everyone gains 5 pounds in the winter just to keep warm (hibernation, duh), but since spring has sprung a little early here in the old Hartbeat, it’s time to kick your exercise into overdrive — if you haven’t already.  

Your Ferris Playlist:

1. Dance Again (ft. Pitbull) — Jennifer Lopez

2. Pillow Fight — Galantis

3. Cake — Flo Rida (for your squats of course)

4. 24k Magic — Bruno Mars

5. Crazy Love (ft. Deb’s Daughter) — Audien

6. Let Me Hold You (Turn Me On) — Cheat Codes & Dante Klein

7. Senses (ft. Lostboycrow) — Cheat Codes

8. Formation — Beyonce

9. Dancing On My Own — Robyn

10. Goodies (ft. Petey Pablo) — Ciara

The best workout (designed by the one and only, Kayla Itnsines) is a 30 minute low-intensity cardio workout (treadmill or ellipitcal) with her 28 minute toning session.  Here’s a sample one for abs:

Check out her app, Sweat With Kayla, for more workouts.  If you need proof that these work, just check out Kayla herself (or her instagram @kaylaitsines) 

If you’re trying to make the gym a regular habit, go with a friend!  It’s more fun and will make you want to push yourself (to show off to your friend, of course!)

If you’re anything like me, exercise can get boring.  Sure, anyone can hop on a treadmill and run,  but how boring!  Also, I have no self discipline and probably won’t push myself hard enough, which is why I looovee workout classes.  

At Trinity, we have: Trincycle, zumba, barre, and yoga!  These classes are so fun and so FREE!  Who doesn’t love free stuff?  If you’re looking for a real challenge, get your butt to the 7:15am Trincycle class — it’ll get you sweating before classes start and chugging water like it’s your job.  Check out the Trinity Recreation Portal (IMLeagues) to see the schedule.  In addition to the classes, Trinity also has weekend excursions, like hikes, that will allow you to get moving.  

Good luck with your two-week crash, everyone, but remember, if you’re just going to lounge on the beach with your family, it doesn’t really matter if you have a 6 pack or not, what matters is that you’re trying to get yourself into healthy habits.  Happy sweating!