Liz Getzoff ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

Year: 2014

Major: History (Minor: Classics)

Hometown: Philadelphia, PA

How did you first get involved with Barnyard?

I first got involved in Barnyard in my junior year, as the SGA junior committee chair.  As an SGA senator, you typically play a couple of roles within the subgroups of the SGA. Barnyard was one of those subgroups, and I had always wanted to get involved in planning campus events, so I ran for the junior committee chair position. It turned out to be a perfect fit. 

What is your favorite part of being part of TCBE?

My favorite part of being a part of TCBE is experiencing the end result of all the planning, so, experiencing the event itself.  I love seeing everyone on barnyard come together to set up the event, enjoy the event, and clean up afterwards.  It is the best feeling to see people come out and have a good time at something you put so much time and energy into. 

What is the hardest part? 

The hardest part this year was definitely making sure that everyone in the club felt like their voice was being heard.  This year our club was the largest it has ever been, 34 members.  The largest it had ever been in past years was 16 members, so it was a bit of a challenge trying to plan an event and compromise on some of the aspects of the event with so many creative ideas floating around.

What can we expect from Spring Weekend this year? 

Spring Weekend this year is going to be as close to a music festival as our budget allowed us to make it.  We have our carnival on the quad Friday afternoon, with games, food, and giveaways from a couple of different popular brands. We teamed up with AD and The Hall for the Friday night show featuring DJ Pierce Fulton, which is something we have never done before, and of course, we have our big show Saturday, with world famous DJ Dirty South.  It can’t NOT be fun, am I right?

Who is your favorite female celebrity?

I feel like everyone says this, but Jennifer Lawrence.  She rocks.

What is your go-to spring outfit?

Sundresses, sandals and maybe a cardigan. 

Favorite spot on campus in the spring?

The quad.

Favorite ice cream flavor?

Ben & Jerry’s Phish Food

How are you feeling about graduation?

It’s definitely bittersweet!

What will you miss most about Trinity?

Alegro

Samantha Rhodes is a junior at Trinity College studying art history. An avid art lover, she loves to make trips to museums, long walks on the beach, and people who talk with their hands. Baking takes up most of her free time, and doesn't hurt her social circle either.