Lazy Morning Hair Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

Finals is right around the time where we debut our finest fashions: Ugg boots, an old t shirt from your high school that you probably got for free for barely participating in something, a patagucci, and the largest Peter B’s coffee in hand.  Stylish.

Since finals is basically the time where it’s socially acceptable too look like a total scrub, follow these lazy/finals morning hair ideas to make everyone think “wow, she really has her life together.”  So hit snooze, sleep in a little bit more, and know that you can do these hairdos before your straightener would have had time to heat up. 

The Face-Framing Braid

This hairstyle looks good with almost any texture or length of hair.  It can be used for a day or night look.  If you have an extra couple of minutes, maybe plug in the curling iron and give your ends a bit of a lift! 

Step 1: On one side of your hair, take a one-inch section and do a simple braid. Make sure to leave a bit of hair out in the front to frame your face.

Step 2: Pin the braid end to the back, middle of your head. Make sure it stays very secure and give your hair a bit of volume at the top by slightly pressing upward when pinning.

Step 3: Repeat Step 1 on the other side.

Step 4: Repeat step 2, tuck the second braid with bobby pins on top of the first braids’ pins.

Beachy Waves

Take a shower at night and then braid your hair in two low braids and when you wave up in the morning, undo the braids and loosen up the hair.  Add some serum for shine and frizz control.  If the kinks are looking more like you crimped your hair, run a flat iron through it really quickly. 

Perk Up Your Pony

If you really are just pressed for time and your test is super early in the morning, throw your hair in a ponytail.  That way, it’s off your face and you can really focus on your test.  But not just any regular pony!  Put two bobby pins under the hair elastic so that the pony goes from heavy and boring to voluminous and perky!  And easy way to make a polished pony. 

A Low Twisted Ponytail

This is the perfect hairstyle for second (or third… or fourth… or fifth) day hair.  It takes literally 30 seconds and looks super chic!

Soft and Quick Curls

1. Gather all hair from the back and create a ponytail at very front of your head.
  2. Figure out where you would like to part your hair; if it is in the middle you would take the ponytail and split it in equal parts, if it is off to the left, the right side would have more hair, etc.
  3. With a 1-inch curling iron, wrap the curls away from your face and continue until the entire pony is curled.
  4. When curls are cooled, release then from elastic. Shake out locks and spray with a flexible hold hair spray.