How to Rock NYFW Trends on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

From the Runway to the Long Walk: How to Rock NYFW Trends on Campus

1. White Collar

Trends always seem to reappear, and the collared shirt is no exception! From Dior to Donna Karen, this was clearly a staple on the runway. Each designer put their own spin on this classic item, whether it be through cutouts or deep necklines. Ralph Lauren and J. Crew will become your best friends for this coming season.

2. Make it Pop

Like the “subtle” look? Well, this trend is anything but. It’s about making a statement with sculptuallydriven clothing. Multi-layered sequins and crystals are twisted and molded into intriquate floral patterns that will grab everyone’s attention. You will defintely turn heads when rocking this daring style.

3. Fabulously Floral

Though florals are always necessary in any girl’s Spring wardrobe, this season the focus is on realism and simplicity. Becuase most of us cannot afford premier designer clothes, pull out those Lily Pulitzer dresses. She will always reign supreme in our eyes; bow down.

4. Feeling Boho

If you’ve always loved the carefree hippie style, rejoice! Fringe is making a comeback and it is anything but understated. Designers proved its versatily through skirts, ponchos, and headdresses. Seriously though, we’ve all worn those fringe Minnetonka booties, so hopefully your feet haven’t grown too much since middle school!

5. Gear Up

Most girls look for any excuse to wear leggings during the winter, so what is one to do once we hit those warmer months? Have no fear because sportswear is your new “comfy-chic” alternative. Game on!

6. Shine Bright Like a Diamond

Forget boring matte shades, shoot for glossy. Metallics are back in for both clothing and accessories! How can you style it on a more everyday basis? Pair a metallic maxi skirt with a white v-neck or simple crop top! I can guarantee that every girl will envy your spot-on sense of style.

The runway always take new trends to the extreme, but it’s never hard to incorporate them into your everyday wardrobe! Remember to work with one look at a time and to own it. Simplicity and confidence are key. Good luck!

Mollie is a freshman at Trinity College. She loves everything fashion and is constantly checking her Instagram for the latest from the top bloggers.