Fiona Brennan ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

Campus Celeb: Fiona Brennan

Year: 2015

Major: Art History and Public Policy and Law

Hometown: Irvington, NY

What activities are you involved in on campus:

Long Walk Societies, Trinitones, Greenberg Center, Honor Council

What are the Long Walk Societies:

The Long Walk Societies are the leadership giving level for philanthropic gifts to Trinity.  For undergraduates, you become a member with an $100 donation, and it opens you up to a breadth of opportunities.  We’re invited to the industry events hosted by successful alumni, parties on and off campus, and we’re recognized in the Annual Report of Philanthropy. 

How did you get involved:

I’ve always been interested in giving at Trinity, in particular at the Long Walk level.  Kathryn Van Sickle ’12, the Program Director of the Long Walk Societies, approached me to be involved in the senior gift and undergraduate Long Walk initiative, and I was more than happy to help.

Why should students consider joining:

It’s an incredible networking opportunity and a great way to be philanthropic. Plus, the donations are tax deductible!  Trinity has given us so much, and any way we can give back is crucial to the future success of the college. Our donations tend to the Annual Fund, which is allocated to financial aid, strengthening of academic programs, and other worthy causes.    

What is your role in the society:

Along with Peter Ragosta ’15, I’m the Senior Gift Chair and the Undergraduate Long Walk Society Chair.

Why is it important to you:

Peter and I want this year to be record breaking in terms of undergraduate donations, particularly at the Long Walk level.  With a new president, we feel this is a time the undergraduate voice can really be heard, and that is even more true when you are a member of the Long Walk Societies.  The stronger Trinity is, the stronger my degree is and I want it to grow stronger every year. 

American Studies Major at Trinity College