Farmers’ Markets

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

Summer may be over, but that doesn’t mean fresh produce has to go with it. This week, students stumbled upon a pop-up Farmer’s Market on the Bistro Patio. The school has organized a series of on-campus Farmers’ Markets that allow students to buy fresh produce with dining dollars or Bantam Bucks – doesn’t get much better than that! Rumor has it that this little gem will be back in two weeks with freshly picked apples, apple turnovers, apple pies, and any other fall goodies you can think of! So, if you are at all like me and cannot pass up fresh produce, you should come check out these treats. 

Below, you can find a list of a few of the upcoming farmers markets, all located in and around Hartford. 

The Billings Forge Farmer’s Market takes place every Thursday from 11am to 2pm. From June to October this market is located on the lawn on Broad Street between Capitol Avenue and Russ Street. When the winter rolls around, this market moves inside to the Studio at 563 Broad Street.

The First Presbyterian Church Farmer’s Market can be found at 136 Capitol Avenue next to the First Presbyterian Church and the Bushnell. Stop by every Monday from 10am-1pm, but do it soon because this location closes down for the season on October 29th.

Every Wednesday from 3 to 6pm, visit the Homestead Avenue Farmers’ Market at the Chrysalis Center: 255 Homestead Avenue. Or at the same time, you can run over to the North End Farmers’ Market located in front of the North End Senior Center on 80 Coventry Street.

The Old State House Farmers Market at 800 Main Street runs through October 31st so get there while you can! Its hours are listed as 10 am to 2 pm on Fridays, which works perfectly for those of you that so fortunately don’t have Friday class.

Every Monday between 9:30 am and 1 pm you can find the Park Street Farmers’ Market set up in front of the Walgreen’s Pharmacy on the corner of Park Street and Washington Street.

Lastly, the West End Farmers’ market runs through the end of October on the Clemens Green between Woodland Street and Owen Street. The timing works perfectly for people wrapping up afternoon classes: Tuesdays from 4pm to 7pm.

For more info about Farmers’ Markets located in West Hartford, visit this website

American Studies Major at Trinity College