Cosmopolitan’s Fun Fearless Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

Last weekend Cosmopolitan Magazine held their first ever Fun Fearless Life weekend event at Lincoln Center. Women from all over the country traveled to attend the event because of its stacked line up of famous speakers. The editor in chief, Joanna Coles, hosted the event and simultaneously rocking leather pants all weekend. The panel of women and men had a wealth of information about their tools for success; literally everyone sitting around me was vigorously taking notes.

Chrissy Teigen, Sophia Amoruso, Shay Mitchell, Gabrielle Union, Kelly Osbourne, and Her Campus’ very own Windsor Hanger Western were a few very familiar faces at the event. Chrissy Teigen had us laughing during her session of “Manthropology” with author Matthew Hussey, and comedian Jordon Carlos. Later on, Kelly Osbourne opened up about her life changing moment when she began to lover herself.

One of my favorite speakers was Sara Blakely, creator of SPANX. Her story about the process and road to producing one of the most revolutionary shapers to hit the market was absolutely mind blowing. Her own butt inspired her; she cut the feet off of a pair of tights to put under an unflattering pair of white pants and that’s how it all started. The event closed with a surprise musical guest, Elle King serenading us with her new song “Ex’s and Oh’s,” and some Aretha R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

Both Maybelline and Express sponsored the event. We had a few breaks during the event where we were able to take advantage of the Express pop-up shop and the Maybelline make up crew. There couldn’t have been more photo ops for all of the women to pose, pucker, and show off their bold Maybelline lips.

Hopefully Cosmo does the event again next year! Mark your calendar’s ladies. 

Steph Taylor

Laurier Brantford

24 years old. Journalism major. I have already achieved a Journalism diploma from Niagara College, now on my way to gaining my BA in Broadcast Journalism. I love hockey, music and hanging out with my girls.
Kat is a senior at Trinity College, majoring in American Studies with a concentration in Media and Communications and minoring in English. She serves as the Campus Correspondent for Trinity's chapter of Her Campus and also co-manages The Party of Two, a style blog that she shares with her twin. After graduation, Kat hopes to work in the fashion or editorial field. Apart from their blog, you can also follow Kat and Ash on their Instagram: @thepartyoftwo.