Caroline Snite ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

Caroline Snite, a senior at Trinity College and captain of the Women’s Field Hockey Team is not only a leader, but a great friend to all her teammates.  Her dorm room is covered with game schedules and a list of all her teammate’s birthdays – proving that she is both a fellow player and a compassionate comrade off the field.  As she discusses her experiences as a student athlete, it becomes clear that being a member of a team has significantly shaped her years at Trinity College. 
As a senior, looking back on her years on the Women’s Field Hockey team Caroline reflects that most importantly the team has provided her with a group of girls she can always rely on.  She appreciates the opportunity that being a member of the team has given her to hang out with a group of girls she ordinarily might not.  She also recognizes her teammates not only as co-players, but friends she can talk to anything about (and we all know how important it is to have people like that in our lives!)
            Although it can sometimes be tough juggling her ambitious Economics classes with long practices and workout schedules, Caroline manages to do it all.  She balances the responsibilities of being team captain and full time student with grace, and even recognizes that the intense schedule all of her commitments create actually trains her to manage her time with impressive expertise!
When asked what advice she would give to girls trying out for the team in the future, Caroline replied with little hesitation: “Use your elder teammates as a resource because they’ve been through everything you’re going through and can help you through it.  Don’t be afraid to push yourself hard, and give every moment on the field everything you’ve got.  Allow yourself to make mistakes, your teammates are there to help you and pick you up when you fall.”  With such eloquent and passionate advice from one of the team’s leaders, it’s no wonder this season is already looking good (the team most recently came out on top over Hamilton 2 – 1 last Saturday).
When asked about what the Trinity College community should expect from the field hockey girls this season, Caroline confidently commented that the roster was stacked with a lot of solid returners and great new talent.  “We all really get along so the team chemistry is good.  Expect great things.”  Don’t miss the team’s next game tonight at 7 P.M. against Amherst!

Julia is a senior at Trinity College in Hartford, CT.  She is a double major in English and American Studies.  Julia serves on the English Adviosry Board, and is an active particpant in various performances on campus through the Thearter and Dance and the Music Department at Trinity.  She loves to write, has a passion for music and dance, and sometimes thinks she's as funny as Vince Vaughn.