Why It Is Okay To Go Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

College is a time for new experiences and beginnings, a time to go out and have fun. While some people criticize going out and say that it takes away from a person’s studies, why can’t people believe that a student can work hard and play harder?

I know: some of the people reading this are critics of going out and that’s totally okay. However, I don’t believe a person should stay in every weekend. Going out is good in the sense that you it gives you something to do to give yourself relief.

Going out for me is a stress reliever. I do it because it gives me time for myself. Unfortunately for me, I have a busy schedule which includes six classes and three clubs that I am involved in.

Staying in does not really work for me. I have to go out and do something. I am an adult and I know how to prioritize my time.

It is about finding a happy medium. When you know you have a lot of work to do, do not go out during the weekend. Do what you need to do and make sure your grade point average is in check. The worst thing is being the person that goes out all of the time but has bad grades.

Balance is key because you do not want to stay in all of the time. Going out does not mean just going to a party. It could mean going to dinner with your friends, going shopping, or spending time at a library or café.

Nevertheless, a person should not feel judged for wanting to go out nor should a person be judged for wanting to stay in. It is up to you and whatever you plan on doing, do it in moderation.

Aspiring editor-in-chief and owner/creator of a public relations firm.
Her Campus

Towson '25