gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What to do When He’s Just Not That Into You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Sometimes it’s hard to face the truth, sometimes it isn’t. When you fall hard for a guy, you can’t help it, you just fall. But that doesn’t mean he falls in return. He may have some feelings for you, but not enough to start something. And that may be the worst kind of heartbreak, knowing you’re so close, but still so far. You may not want to admit it, but your good friends will tell you; he’s just not that into you.

The movie “He’s Just Not That Into You” has some valuable lessons.

Guys don’t always play games. When they want something, they go get it. If a guy really wants to be with you, he’ll do everything he can to get you. If he doesn’t want you, why would you want him too?

Women are more emotional than men, so we will overthink EVERYTHING. No need to fret, its part of our genetic makeup. That being said just because we overthink and overanalyze everything, men do not. One little sentence structure may not impact a guy as much as it will for you. Mixed messages are more confusing to you, than to men. They are straight forward so try not to analyze everything and go with your gut.

Don’t dumb yourself down for anyone. If you think you’re seeing something weird, chances are something is up. Be smart about yourself and the relationships you associate with. 

Believe in yourself. Just because one guy isn’t giving us his attention, why should we continue to give him any? Don’t waste any more of yourself on a guy who isn’t giving anything in return. The key is to create mutually benefical relationships.

It’s great to be optomistic, it’s great to be realistic, but in the end you just need to go with how you feel. Not everything will work how you want it to, and that is absolutely ok. 

It’s easy to make one person seem like the “King of the Mountain”. It’s easy to ignore the bad qualities and focus on the good. But there comes a point in time when you have to give attention to the bad. Not everyone is good and when the bad outweighs the good, then its time to dump the guy.

Don’t ever settle, you’re too good for that. If you feel like you’re putting more into the relationship than he is, then its probably true. Abandon the slump and find someone who will treat you like the queen you are.

Again, don’t waste time on someone who isn’t worthy of your time. If you can see an expiration date, then it shouldn’t be taken to begin with.

Guys know what they want and they will do anything to get what they want. If a guy wants you, he’ll show it. 

Men do not work the same way as women. Men may seem complicated but they think completely different than we do most of the time. Just because we overthink and complicate things, doesn’t mean men do. 

You’ll waste plenty of years on dud guys but remember once you find the right guy, it’ll all be worth it. Clichés aside, don’t beat yourself up over one guy. Whenever you’re in a relationship, there is always a chance for you to get hurt. If you find someone you consider worthy, tell him. If not, you’ll be playing the back and forth game. Don’t waste your time on games, find someone that wants to be with you and be open to taking chances. If you don’t take chances in life, there’s not point in putting yourself out there. Just because he’s just not into you, doesn’t mean there’s not someone out there who is.

(Images from hes-just-not-into-you.tumblr.com)

Emily is a sophomore at Towson University majoring in Mass Communications with a concentration in journalism. She enjoys writing, listening to music, and going to concerts. She writes for Towson's newspaper (www.thetowerlight.com), on Tumblr (www.emilyimagines.tumblr.com), or on her Twitter (@dinoemmie). This is her second year on the HCTU staff and she is currently Vice President, She also enjoys creating graphics, marketing, and advertising. Emily aspires to be a magazine editor.