This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

But females are strong as hell.

Tina Fey’s new comedy TV show, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, was released on Netflix on Friday, March 6.

The show is centered around the Indiana Mole Women who were kidnapped by Reverend Richard Wayne Gary Wayne (John Hamm) in 1992 and held captive underground until their rescue 15 years later: Cyndee Pokorny (Sara Chase), Gretchen Chalker (Lauren Adams), Donna Maria Nuñez (Sol Miranda), and Kimmy Schmidt (Ellie Kemper).

Kimmy Schmidt, the show’s protagonist, leaves Indiana for New York City, determined to experience everything life has to offer her above ground.

Once in New York City, Kimmy befriends aspiring Broadway actor Titus Andromedon (Tituss Burgess) and the eccentric landlady Lillian Kaushtupper (Carol Kane). Kimmy lands a job as a babysitter-slash-assistant to Jacqueline Voorhees (Jane Krakowski) where she struggles with Jacqueline’s marital issues and her stepdaughter, Xanthippe Voorhees (Dylan Gelula).

Throughout the 13-episode season, Kimmy faces obstacles like getting her GED and having her first kiss.

The brilliance behind Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is its unbreakable protagonist—pun intended. Kimmy Schmidt is a character that has endured unimaginable circumstances and constantly ends up on top. She never gives up and always finds the positive in any situation.

Even though Kimmy is a little naïve and immature…

She is still incredibly tough and strong. Kimmy consistently encourages the women around her to remain strong through even the direst of consequences, which falls in line with the show’s strong feminist message.

The show’s humor is witty and observant, in classic Fey fashion.

Plus, Titus is sure to be your new kindred spirit.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is now streaming on Netflix. 

Katie is a senior, and mass communications major on the advertising track with a minor in electronic media and film. Katie loves movies, especially Clue, but the full list is much longer! Her hobbies include writing, watching hilarious YouTube videos, listening to old '80s hits on repeat, and learning all about the hot new memes.