Tiger Fest 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

It’s spring time at Towson University. But, what does that mean? A plethora of sundresses, cookouts, and special events. But, there is one event that is bigger than them all and it is not another homecoming. Tigerfest is just around the corner and it is a huge thing for everyone to get excited about!

Tigerfest is a special event that takes place in April at Towson University. The event goes over the course of two days, starting on Friday. Day 1 consists of free carnival games, free inflatables, free food, and free music. Day 2 of Tigerfest takes place on a Saturday, which is the day of the concert. In the past couple of years, some of the headliners were Juicy J, Krewella, and G-Easy.

On March 28, Towson University’s Campus Activities Board (known as CAB) announced the headliners for this year’s Tigerfest and some changes in Tigerfest this year. For Day 1, there will still be some changes. For starters, there will be free food trucks for students and a headlining act, 3OH!3,  as well as the carnival events. Day 2 will consist of the concert, which features Rae Sremmurd.

Rae Sremmurd is an American hip hop duo, composed of two brothers, Khalif “Swae Lee” Brown and Aaquil “Slim Jxmmi” Brown. Some of their most famous songs include “No Flex Zone”, “Throw Sum Mo” featuring Nicki Minaj, and “Come Get Her.” You can listen to one of their songs here: 

3OH!3 is an electronic music duo from Boulder, Colorado, made up of Sean Foreman and Nathaniel Motte. Some of their most famous songs include “Don’t Trust Me,” “Starstrukk,” featuring Katy Perry, and “My First Kiss,” featuring Ke$ha. You can listen to one of their songs here:

Overall, Tigerfest should be fun this year. Between Rae Sremmurd’s bump and grind music and 3OH!3’s electronic party music, Tigerfest weekend will be lit. Stay safe, Tigers!

Aspiring editor-in-chief and owner/creator of a public relations firm.