Struggle of a Double: 5 Struggles Only Twins Will Understand

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

1. The Awkward Wave: When someone waves at you and you don’t know them but you have to wave anyway because they probably know your twin.

2.  The Double Look: When someone sees you and your twin, looks at you and then looks again to make sure they are not going crazy.

3. The Extremely Awkward Hug: When someone that knows your twin goes in for a hug and you have to hug back because it would be to awkward to explain that you don’t know them.

4. The Debrief- The converstation you have with your twin whenever you bump into their friends, where you explain that you saw this person today just in case they bring it up later so your twin isn’t confused.

5. The Questions: There are two things that happen with questions. One is when people ask twins questions, they tend to ask both of them at the same time and as a twin you need to have a moment to figure out which one of you should answer. The second thing is when you get the same questions over and over again. Who’s the oldest? Can you tell what the other is thinking? How can you tell each other apart?

Sophomore at Towson University. Mass Communications with a track in Journalism and New Media and a marketing minor. I am a jersey girl. Love the beach, reading and hanging with my friends. Twitter: @sehardt23
Her Campus

Towson '25