Shanon Lee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Shanon Lee does many things, but one of her favorite things to do is make jewelry. She fell in love with wire wrapping over the summer and managed to find ways to make things such as rings and earrings just by her own experimentations and searching on Pinterest. Her interest came with the fact that she love rings and has a weakness for them. She also loves pretty jewels and gems and managed to get started from there. For each ring, it typically takes less than a minute to make. They’re the simplest form of wire wrapped jewelry to make, and that’s why I make so many at once.

Lee advises people who want to start making jewelry to take every mistake and mishap as an opportunity to grow. “While it gets difficult, not all rings will be perfect and sometimes they’re extremely frustrating to make. But make them on good days and nights. Make them when you have all your focus and want to create. Don’t let it fool you – it may look complex, but it is so easy. You’ll enjoy the results you get every time, or at least every other time,” says Lee.

She used to have an Etsy, which is an online crafting/selling community, but took a temporary hiatus due to college life and lack of material. However, she’s made it easier by selling on campus and meeting with customers to exchange goods. Lee enjoys meeting new faces every time she sells. She plans to have a store open again sometime in the near future, but she’s maintaining business through her Facebook for now.

(If you do not have a Facebook, contact Lee via email: slee67@students.towson.edu

[ pagebreak ]

[ pagebreak ]

[ pagebreak ]

[ pagebreak ]

[ pagebreak ]

[ pagebreak ]

[ pagebreak ]

[ pagebreak ]

[ pagebreak ]

[ pagebreak ]

Cydney is a senior at Towson University majoring in English with a focus on writing. In addition to being President/Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Towson, she always writes fictional stories in her free time. Cydney spends a lot of time online shopping, on Netflix, dreaming of buying purses and reading a good book all while hunched over her handy dandy iPhone. After college Cydney plans to write her own books and to go to as many concerts as possible.