P.S. I Love Ireland (& Italy too)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Over my winter break, I was lucky enough to be able to visit one of friends from back in high school in her new place – in Dublin, Ireland! Her little and g-little from her sorority at Towson also went and we spent almost 2 weeks exploring Ireland together, and finally a weekend sight-seeing (and eating) our way through Rome, Italy! 

Of course we got some amazing photos of our experiences abroad!

Temple Bar

A (hangover) hike to the top of Bray head

A tour and whiskey tasting at the Old Jameson Distillery

Learning that “A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle” at the Guiness Storehouse

Travelling up north to the Giants Causeway and pretending to be Irish Giant, Finn McCool

Seeing The Dark Hedges (from Game of Thrones!!)

And since Northern Ireland is really the UK…phone booths! (It’s also very, very, VERY windy up there!)

Onto Rome, where we saw the Colosseum

And ate lots of Nutella!

Of course we went to the Trevi Fountain to make some wishes too

We went to the Vatican museums, and saw the inside of the Sistine Chapel! But you’re not allowed to take pictures sadly due some legal matters. It’s as breathtaking as you’d think it would be though!

Travelling for the sake of friendship and just travel is such a beautiful experience and if you can figure out ways to afford it – it is immeasurably worth it. 

Kayleigh Harper is a senior at Towson University studying Law & American Civilization where she mostly stresses about her GPA and eats chicken nuggets in Paws. She is an active sister of the Beta Nu chapter of Alpha Epsilon Phi, where she holds two chair positions: philanthropy and community service. When she isn't aggressively tweeting about current events, she can be found volunteering, travelling or going to alternative concerts. After graduation, she is torn between pursuing a career in campaign work or moving to the Pacific Northwest and opening a dainty bakery.