This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Dear High School Bully,

I hope you are doing well and have learned to be a nicer person; I know I have and I owe that all to you. What you did wasn’t right and you put me through hell and back; I suffered in silence as you kicked my chair, called me names, wrote me terrible letters and made me feel less and less deserving and unwanted every single day. You made me feel worthless. Each and every day you made me feel less like a human and more like a rag doll you could easily rip apart, yet each and every day I tried to hold my head up high. In class I would just drift away into my thoughts because I knew it was the safest place – it was far away from you. I would cry myself to sleep at night because you called me ugly and disgusting, but I would never cry in front of you. If I had, you would’ve gotten all the satisfaction you needed – you would have won your sick and twisted game. But, I am not here to tell you how badly you scarred me and how deep the wounds you created are; I am here to say thank you. Thank you for allowing me to slowly find my strength and courage to stand up for myself.  Thank you for forcing me to realize how beautiful I was when no one else did. Thank you for reminding me that I am deserving just like everyone else, and most importantly thank you for teaching me about forgiveness because I finally found it in my heart to forgive you. 

– MaryKate

MaryKate is Co President of Towson University's Her Campus Chapter. She is a Senior Communication Studies Major and graduates December 2017. She enjoys Indie Rock music such as Young The Giant, Arctic Monkeys, House of Lions and Catfish and The Bottlemen, just to name a few. She also enjoys chai tea, thrift shopping, Hawaiian pizza and Netflix as much as the next girl.
Her Campus

Towson '25