photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

November Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Hello, sweater-wearing ladies of Towson! Although the weather has been temperamental lately, we are deep into sweater weather season and as much as it is wonderful in all ways possible, all good things must come to an end. Here is a bucket list of things to do during the month of November to really embrace the season before the cold winds of winter come through the area.

1. No Shave November!

Now, this is only a recommendation and is not required by any means, but if you really want to be lazy and natural, now is the time to do it. I know some people don’t shave at all and some shave everything all the time, but do what you want to do and embrace your lazy side if it suits you! Life’s hectic and it’s too cold out to wear shorts anyways so why not?

2. Road trip through the Shenandoah Valley

If you’re a student in the Towson, then odds are you might be from this area. The drive is about 3 hours from Towson, which can be kind of a hike, but during this time of year, it is completely worth it. The leaves are finally in the rainbow shades of autumn and I’ve heard that the views are breathtaking. So bring a camera, some hiking boots, and your sense of adventure and you’ll have an unforgettable experience guaranteed.

3. Go home for Thanksgiving

We’re starting this list off with something easy! Although you should already obviously be doing this, some people decide not to. Thanksgiving is a time for family, so please go see yours. If you aren’t able to make it home, at least go home with a friend to get some good food and give your family a phone call.

4. Have a Wines-giving celebration with your friends from home

With everyone home for the holiday, this is the perfect time for your girlfriends from high school to get together and catch up and drink some wine. My friends and I always get together over the holidays and hangout at someone’s house with pizza, donuts, and a box of wine. It’s a fun and cheap way to catch up and really take advantage of everyone being home.

5. Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and Purina Dog Show

A tradition each year, watching this is a reminder of why this holiday is so great. Growing up, I always knew it was Thanksgiving when I’d wake up to my dad in the kitchen making his famous stuffing and the parade on the TV in the living room. If you’ve never watched it, take in the American tradition and do it this year because why not?

6. Black Friday shopping

Following Thanksgiving dinner, put your tennis shoes on and be ready to get in your cardio at the mall nearest you. If you haven’t been Black Friday shopping at least once in your life, now is the time to experience it! You don’t even have to buy anything; just go out, coffee in hand, and see the craziness that American consumerism has to offer.

7. Prepare your Christmas Playlist

Get ready for Christmas, but please don’t start playing the music until the day after Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving shouldn’t be brushed under the rug out of excitement. Just start to get ready for the most wonderful time of the year so you’re fully prepared to take it all in.

November is often forgotten between the excitement of Halloween and Christmas, but this month is not a time to just be stressed with schoolwork. Eat lots of good food at Thanksgiving, make memories with family, and enjoy this time of year while you still can!

Jane is a sophomore at Towson, studying Anthropology and International Studies. She loves photography, her dogs, Hemingway, and studying cultures. She has an irrational fear of Abraham Lincoln and an unconditional love for playing Sudoku at all hours of the day.
Her Campus

Towson '25