Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Towson News

8 Reasons to Love Spring at TU

By Erin A. Smith
April 15, 2014 - 12:26pm

Now that the warm weather has FINALLY decided to make it’s appearance, I’ve started to appreciate our wonderful school so much more. Spring semester means so many things for us all and here are some of what may be the greatest things about spring at TU. 1.     Cookouts. Every college student has two favorite words: free. food. And who doesn’t love good music? 2.     Enjoying a cold drink from the Starbucks in Cook. From Strawberries and Cream Frappes to Green Tea-Lemonades. Yum.   READ MORE

Reasons Why You Should Stop What You're Doing Right Now And Go To Dunkin' Donuts.

By Melissa A Brown
April 7, 2014 - 8:00am

I love love love doughnuts. I also love love love PEEPS. When I found out Dunkin' Donuts was making a PEEPS doughnut for Easter, I was very happy. I went out and got one on the first day they were sold and here are some reasons why you should stop what you're doing right now and go get one too: 1. There is a PEEP right on top of the doughnut. That's two desserts in one. More bang for your buck. 2. The doughnut is flower shaped and has brightly colored frosting on it. It just screams 'SPRING IS HERE HALELUJAH THE POLAR VORTEX IS OVER!'  READ MORE

Am I Wearing the Right Bra Size?

By Erin A. Smith
March 31, 2014 - 8:00am

Bras (or over-the-shoulder boulder holders as my aunt likes to call them) are a curse and a blessing for women everywhere. They keep you lifted and sitting pretty but it's also a relief when you take one off. Being that most women where a bra about 80-90 percent of the time, it's imperative that you make sure you are wearing the right size bra. But how can you be sure?  Start by facing the facts: 80% of women are wearing the wrong bra size. So while you may be pretty sure that you are wearing the right bra size, it's more likely that you are wrong.    READ MORE

Wine and Dine Yourself

By Lauren Jarvis-Gibson
March 24, 2014 - 8:00am

One of my good friends recently told me that if she is ever going through a rough time whether it be a breakup or stress from school, she takes herself on a date. I’ve slowly grown accustomed to looking forwards to nights spent only with myself. Or as I like to put it: me, myself and wine. Here are a few great ways to unwind after a stressful day and to truly appreciate yourself just by being you.   1. Clean your room. As odd as it sounds, I never can truly relax if my bed isn’t made or if there are clothes thrown across my floor. Putting everything in its place and having clean sheets to bundle up into is surprisingly relaxing and satisfying. READ MORE

March Madness 2014

By Jai-Leen James
March 21, 2014 - 3:19pm

There’s tons of reasons why March is a great month. The first day of spring is in March, there’s St. Patrick’s Day and most colleges have their spring breaks during March. But most importantly, one of the best tournaments in all of sports occurs: March Madness.                 March Madness is the NCAA college basketball tournament. The overall winner is deemed the national champion. There are 64 teams involved and several rounds ultimately leading to the championship game. There is the Round of 64, Round of 32, Sweet Sixteen, Elite Eight, Final Four and the Championship. READ MORE

Why Everyone Should Study Abroad :)

By Randi Williams
March 10, 2014 - 8:00am

What is “studying abroad”? Study Abroad is a program in which students attend school in a country outside the United States and receive academic credit toward their major. What makes you want to travel the world? Is it the cute boys? Is it the international festivities? Is it the pretty exotic girls? Is it in your family heritage? READ MORE

Beyonce's Smoking Hot Video is a Must Watch

By Omolola Akinleye
March 3, 2014 - 8:00am

It has only been a few days, and Beyoncé’s sensual visual, “Partition”, has generated more than 13 million hits on YouTube. The song is off of her non-advertised self-titled album that was released at the end of 2013. Included with the music was visual album that was only accessible to fans who bought it. The song is driven by bouncing bass lines and popping snaps that creates a fun bumping tune for all occasions (car ride, bedroom, dance floor). The bootylicious queen channels the legendary entertainer, Joesphine Baker, as she erotically struts and dances for her husband, Jay Z at the French erotic club, Crazy Horse. READ MORE

TigerTHON 2014 Recap

By Carly Haslett
February 26, 2014 - 8:00am

This past Friday, Greek Life and many other special volunteers took a break from the usual weekend shennanigans to attend a charity event benefitting local children.  TigerTHON is a 12 hour dance marathon to raise money for the Johns Hopkin Children's Center, a partner hospital of the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.  The event started at 6 pm on Friday, February 21 and ended the next morning at 6 am.  In the weeks before, Fraternity and Sorority pairs competed to donate the most money as a team in hopes of taking first place.  It was a close call, but Phi Mu and Phi Sigma Kappa came in first place with over $19,000 donated!  READ MORE

Finding Your Perfect Place

By Leekeisha Ervin
February 24, 2014 - 8:00am

With the second semester of the year kicking off it is time for some individuals to make some tough decisions before the school year comes to an end. While many are deciding majors, future roommates and such, one thing cannot be ignored—where will you live? Many dorms on campus have a four-semester policy, which guarantees you two years in the dorms. So what are your options going into your third year, or any year that you do not want to live in a dorm? Apartment life is right around the corner for many college students and it is a completely new step. Before you can move into an apartment you will need a few key things to make this the smoothest transition into the next chapter of your life. READ MORE...

Olympics: Figure Skating Team USA

By Melissa A Brown
February 19, 2014 - 8:00am

Figure Skating is the oldest sport to be included in the Olympic Games. Until 2014, there were four disciplines in the event: Pairs, Men’s, Ice Dancing, and Ladies. This year, a fifth discipline was added: the Team event. The team figure skating event, which is similar to the gymnastics team event at the summer Olympics, will involve teams of skaters from 10 countries performing their short programs in their respective fields. After the scores are added up, the final five teams advance to the free skate. The United States competed in the team event, qualified for the free skate, and won the bronze medal. The United States Figure Skating Team is unique this year because it is composed of both fresh faces and respected veterans of the sport....