Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Towson Features

The 15 Minute Rule

By Melissa A Brown
October 21, 2014 - 8:00am

There's an ancient student proverb that goes "Hey I heard that if the professor/teacher is 15 minutes late for class then we can leave." I'd never heard of anyone doing that in real life -- I thought it was just an urban legend like the one about your roommate dying automatically giving you a 4.0 for the semester, or how some colleges are designed to make it easy for police to quell riots. Until a week ago I'd never thought that people actually went by it. I'd done it in high school -- if one of my teachers didn't show up we spent the entire class period playing Words With Friends.  READ MORE

Pumpkin on Everything

By Melissa A Brown
October 13, 2014 - 8:00am

You know its fall when you go to the grocery store and see pumpkin or pumpkin spice flavored everything. From September to early December you’ll find that pumpkin has found its way into every food and beverage imaginable.   READ MORE

The Pros and Cons of Living at Home During College

By Becca Cooper
October 6, 2014 - 8:00am

After living on campus for two years in a dorm I decided to commute from home this year since I live 10 minutes from campus. I have found there are a few pros and cons to consider and hope this can help anyone who is trying to make the tough decision about where you will live next year! Pros READ MORE

Saving Meals with the Daily Meal Deals

By Diamond Mfomen
September 29, 2014 - 8:00am

Like many Towson Tigers, I value all of my meals. One way that enables me to efficiently use my meals would be the Daily Meal Deals. Every Monday-Friday, select locations (Susquehanna Food Court, Patuxent Bistro, Newell Den, and Roadside BBQ (West Village Commons Food Court)) throughout the campus offer certain items for only 1 meal. READ MORE

Five Ways to Do Your Hair for Your 8 a.m. Class

By Sydney Engelhardt
September 23, 2014 - 8:00am

No one likes having an 8 am class. Waking up in the morning is horrible and trying to think of what to do with your messy bed head is even worse.     We all wish we could wake up and look like this:   But in reality we wake up and look like this, making our early morning even worse:   Here are some quick ways you can do your hair when you’re running late for your 8 a.m. to make your morning easier and maybe give you get a few extra minutes of sleep!   READ MORE

Things to Invest in When you're a Towson Girl

By Melissa A Brown
September 17, 2014 - 8:00am

1. Leggings, lots and lots of leggings. 2. Uggs. 3. A North Face jacket. 4. Comfy flats for when you’re walking the hilly campus or taking a detour back to your dorm because of construction.  5. A portable fan (if you’re living in Prettyborough). 6. A Starbucks gift card.  7. A Keurig, especially now that they’re allowed in residence halls, so you don’t have to worry about keeping it hidden during breaks (throwback for anyone who lived on campus before Fall 2014).  READ MORE

New Video of Ray Rice Creates Uproar

By Becca Cooper
September 12, 2014 - 8:00am

Monday morning, a new, disturbing surveillance video of Baltimore Ravens Running Back, Ray Rice, was released by TMZ Sports that shocked viewers and has lead to Rice’s termination from the Ravens as well as a suspension from the National Football League. The video shows Rice and Janay Palmer, his wife (then fiancé), inside the elevator of an Atlantic City hotel where Rice knocks Palmer out cold with one punch to her face then drags her body out into the hotel lobby. An outpour of angry emotions came from viewers after watching the video. Ravens Owner, Steve Bisciotti, wrote a letter to fans Tuesday apologizing for their inaction, acknowledgeding that they failed as an organization to investigate the matter more....

Transition to Towson

By Cydney Humphrey
September 5, 2014 - 8:00am

Are you feeling scared, a little lost, and a lot overwhelmed? You’re not alone. It’s no big deal to not adapt to being at college as quickly as everyone else – you’re an adult and you have the right to take this transition at your own pace. READ MORE

Five Must See Movies of the Summer

By Sydney Engelhardt
May 20, 2014 - 8:00am

1.     Neighbors – Opens May 9th Zach Efron and Dave Franco…need I say more? When a fraternity moves next store to a family with a new infant, things get a little crazy.  Zach goes shirtless…who cares what it is about!!     2.     Million Dollar Arm- May 16th Mad Men’s Jon Hamm plays a sport agent that goes to find the next pitching sensation in India. This heartwarming movie about sports and family hits the big screen soon. READ MORE

Long Live the Queen

By Melissa A Brown
May 16, 2014 - 8:00am

If you ask any figure skater who's their queen, they’d say Kim Yuna. Kim won the 2010 gold medal and 2014 silver medal in Ladies figure skating at the Olympics.. She has the highest scoring free skate of all time (150.06) and has also won two World titles.  Last Tuesday, May 6, Yuna hung up her skates for good after preforming a farewell tour in her home nation of South Korea. She's made a huge impact on the sport through her style, passion and athleticism, and has inspired a generation of girls around the world to start figure skating. READ MORE