Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Towson Features

Saving Meals with the Daily Meal Deals

By Diamond Mfomen
September 29, 2014 - 8:00am

Like many Towson Tigers, I value all of my meals. One way that enables me to efficiently use my meals would be the Daily Meal Deals. Every Monday-Friday, select locations (Susquehanna Food Court, Patuxent Bistro, Newell Den, and Roadside BBQ (West Village Commons Food Court)) throughout the campus offer certain items for only 1 meal. READ MORE

Five Ways to Do Your Hair for Your 8 a.m. Class

By Sydney Engelhardt
September 23, 2014 - 8:00am

No one likes having an 8 am class. Waking up in the morning is horrible and trying to think of what to do with your messy bed head is even worse.     We all wish we could wake up and look like this:   But in reality we wake up and look like this, making our early morning even worse:   Here are some quick ways you can do your hair when you’re running late for your 8 a.m. to make your morning easier and maybe give you get a few extra minutes of sleep!   READ MORE

Things to Invest in When you're a Towson Girl

By Melissa A Brown
September 17, 2014 - 8:00am

1. Leggings, lots and lots of leggings. 2. Uggs. 3. A North Face jacket. 4. Comfy flats for when you’re walking the hilly campus or taking a detour back to your dorm because of construction.  5. A portable fan (if you’re living in Prettyborough). 6. A Starbucks gift card.  7. A Keurig, especially now that they’re allowed in residence halls, so you don’t have to worry about keeping it hidden during breaks (throwback for anyone who lived on campus before Fall 2014).  READ MORE

New Video of Ray Rice Creates Uproar

By Becca Cooper
September 12, 2014 - 8:00am

Monday morning, a new, disturbing surveillance video of Baltimore Ravens Running Back, Ray Rice, was released by TMZ Sports that shocked viewers and has lead to Rice’s termination from the Ravens as well as a suspension from the National Football League. The video shows Rice and Janay Palmer, his wife (then fiancé), inside the elevator of an Atlantic City hotel where Rice knocks Palmer out cold with one punch to her face then drags her body out into the hotel lobby. An outpour of angry emotions came from viewers after watching the video. Ravens Owner, Steve Bisciotti, wrote a letter to fans Tuesday apologizing for their inaction, acknowledgeding that they failed as an organization to investigate the matter more....

Transition to Towson

By Cydney Humphrey
September 5, 2014 - 8:00am

Are you feeling scared, a little lost, and a lot overwhelmed? You’re not alone. It’s no big deal to not adapt to being at college as quickly as everyone else – you’re an adult and you have the right to take this transition at your own pace. READ MORE

Five Must See Movies of the Summer

By Sydney Engelhardt
May 20, 2014 - 8:00am

1.     Neighbors – Opens May 9th Zach Efron and Dave Franco…need I say more? When a fraternity moves next store to a family with a new infant, things get a little crazy.  Zach goes shirtless…who cares what it is about!!     2.     Million Dollar Arm- May 16th Mad Men’s Jon Hamm plays a sport agent that goes to find the next pitching sensation in India. This heartwarming movie about sports and family hits the big screen soon. READ MORE

Long Live the Queen

By Melissa A Brown
May 16, 2014 - 8:00am

If you ask any figure skater who's their queen, they’d say Kim Yuna. Kim won the 2010 gold medal and 2014 silver medal in Ladies figure skating at the Olympics.. She has the highest scoring free skate of all time (150.06) and has also won two World titles.  Last Tuesday, May 6, Yuna hung up her skates for good after preforming a farewell tour in her home nation of South Korea. She's made a huge impact on the sport through her style, passion and athleticism, and has inspired a generation of girls around the world to start figure skating. READ MORE

5 Foods You Need to make it Through Finals

By Sydney Engelhardt
May 13, 2014 - 8:00am

The week we all dread is almost upon us - FINALS. I don’t know about you but when I’m stressed, I eat. Whether it’s to keep me focused or just because it makes me feel good; food helps me when I’m cramming for finals. Coffee With the start of finals you know there will be all nighters, so you always need to stock up on caffeine. It’s great that Dunklin Donuts is so close to campus and open 24/7 and Starbucks is a must! Chocolate The ultimate comfort food. We all know finals can be a lot like dementors by making it feel like all the happiness is gone from the world, good thing there is a cure: chocolate. READ MORE

The Ultimate Towson Bucket List

By Melissa A Brown
May 6, 2014 - 8:00am

At one point in their lives, many people make a bucket list or a list of things to do before they die. I have one that includes visiting Dubai, learning another language, trying everything on the Starbucks Secret Menu, and freeing a killer whale from SeaWorld just to name a few. And you probably have one as well. There's also a lot of things we wish to do before we graduate college but more specifically things we must do before leaving TigerTown and here are a few we thought of! Disclaimer: Her Campus Towson is not responsible for any trouble you may encounter by completing anything on this list. 1.   Eat at every dining hall on campus, including the far away 7720 Café (Admin Building). 2.   Eat THB after a massive hangover....

If Towson was Mean Girls

By Erin A. Smith
April 28, 2014 - 8:00am

It's getting to the point in the semester where everything has become a blur and you just wish it was summer already. But don't worry, here's a little entertainment for you. Here are our favorite quotes from Mean Girls changed to be about Towson. READ MORE