Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Towson News

Five Must See Movies of the Summer

By Sydney Engelhardt
May 20, 2014 - 8:00am

1.     Neighbors – Opens May 9th Zach Efron and Dave Franco…need I say more? When a fraternity moves next store to a family with a new infant, things get a little crazy.  Zach goes shirtless…who cares what it is about!!     2.     Million Dollar Arm- May 16th Mad Men’s Jon Hamm plays a sport agent that goes to find the next pitching sensation in India. This heartwarming movie about sports and family hits the big screen soon. READ MORE

Long Live the Queen

By Melissa A Brown
May 16, 2014 - 8:00am

If you ask any figure skater who's their queen, they’d say Kim Yuna. Kim won the 2010 gold medal and 2014 silver medal in Ladies figure skating at the Olympics.. She has the highest scoring free skate of all time (150.06) and has also won two World titles.  Last Tuesday, May 6, Yuna hung up her skates for good after preforming a farewell tour in her home nation of South Korea. She's made a huge impact on the sport through her style, passion and athleticism, and has inspired a generation of girls around the world to start figure skating. READ MORE

5 Foods You Need to make it Through Finals

By Sydney Engelhardt
May 13, 2014 - 8:00am

The week we all dread is almost upon us - FINALS. I don’t know about you but when I’m stressed, I eat. Whether it’s to keep me focused or just because it makes me feel good; food helps me when I’m cramming for finals. Coffee With the start of finals you know there will be all nighters, so you always need to stock up on caffeine. It’s great that Dunklin Donuts is so close to campus and open 24/7 and Starbucks is a must! Chocolate The ultimate comfort food. We all know finals can be a lot like dementors by making it feel like all the happiness is gone from the world, good thing there is a cure: chocolate. READ MORE

The Ultimate Towson Bucket List

By Melissa A Brown
May 6, 2014 - 8:00am

At one point in their lives, many people make a bucket list or a list of things to do before they die. I have one that includes visiting Dubai, learning another language, trying everything on the Starbucks Secret Menu, and freeing a killer whale from SeaWorld just to name a few. And you probably have one as well. There's also a lot of things we wish to do before we graduate college but more specifically things we must do before leaving TigerTown and here are a few we thought of! Disclaimer: Her Campus Towson is not responsible for any trouble you may encounter by completing anything on this list. 1.   Eat at every dining hall on campus, including the far away 7720 Café (Admin Building). 2.   Eat THB after a massive hangover....

If Towson was Mean Girls

By Erin A. Smith
April 28, 2014 - 8:00am

It's getting to the point in the semester where everything has become a blur and you just wish it was summer already. But don't worry, here's a little entertainment for you. Here are our favorite quotes from Mean Girls changed to be about Towson. READ MORE

Tigerfest 2.0: What's with the 2?

By Leekeisha Ervin
April 21, 2014 - 8:00am

It is finally Spring here on Towson’s beautiful campus, and that just means two things; more people outside playing around and tanning as well as the best springtime event at Towson: Tigerfest. Now Tigerfest has been one of the most talked about springtime events that Towson features since the tradition started. They've had past artists like Kid Cudi, All-American Rejects, Far East Movement, and many more. This is the big event that will attract many guests and deliver a full day of fun. However this year there have been some changes to the traditional event. READ MORE

8 Reasons to Love Spring at TU

By Erin A. Smith
April 15, 2014 - 12:26pm

Now that the warm weather has FINALLY decided to make it’s appearance, I’ve started to appreciate our wonderful school so much more. Spring semester means so many things for us all and here are some of what may be the greatest things about spring at TU. 1.     Cookouts. Every college student has two favorite words: free. food. And who doesn’t love good music? 2.     Enjoying a cold drink from the Starbucks in Cook. From Strawberries and Cream Frappes to Green Tea-Lemonades. Yum.   READ MORE

Reasons Why You Should Stop What You're Doing Right Now And Go To Dunkin' Donuts.

By Melissa A Brown
April 7, 2014 - 8:00am

I love love love doughnuts. I also love love love PEEPS. When I found out Dunkin' Donuts was making a PEEPS doughnut for Easter, I was very happy. I went out and got one on the first day they were sold and here are some reasons why you should stop what you're doing right now and go get one too: 1. There is a PEEP right on top of the doughnut. That's two desserts in one. More bang for your buck. 2. The doughnut is flower shaped and has brightly colored frosting on it. It just screams 'SPRING IS HERE HALELUJAH THE POLAR VORTEX IS OVER!'  READ MORE

Am I Wearing the Right Bra Size?

By Erin A. Smith
March 31, 2014 - 8:00am

Bras (or over-the-shoulder boulder holders as my aunt likes to call them) are a curse and a blessing for women everywhere. They keep you lifted and sitting pretty but it's also a relief when you take one off. Being that most women where a bra about 80-90 percent of the time, it's imperative that you make sure you are wearing the right size bra. But how can you be sure?  Start by facing the facts: 80% of women are wearing the wrong bra size. So while you may be pretty sure that you are wearing the right bra size, it's more likely that you are wrong.    READ MORE

Wine and Dine Yourself

By Lauren Jarvis-Gibson
March 24, 2014 - 8:00am

One of my good friends recently told me that if she is ever going through a rough time whether it be a breakup or stress from school, she takes herself on a date. I’ve slowly grown accustomed to looking forwards to nights spent only with myself. Or as I like to put it: me, myself and wine. Here are a few great ways to unwind after a stressful day and to truly appreciate yourself just by being you.   1. Clean your room. As odd as it sounds, I never can truly relax if my bed isn’t made or if there are clothes thrown across my floor. Putting everything in its place and having clean sheets to bundle up into is surprisingly relaxing and satisfying. READ MORE