Music Monday: September 23

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Welcome to another Monday! This week we are having our very first event of the year, Get Fit Night! Get Fit Night will be on Thursday the 26 in West Village Ballroom B at 7 p.m., we hope you can join us! This event is sponsored by Arizona Tea and Wet Seal, so we have prizes to give away and our very own yoga instructor to show you moves that can be easily done in your dorm! In honor of this week’s event, the playlist is full of workout songs! 

First is “Counting Stars” by OneRepublic. Although the song starts out slow, the powerful chorus pushes you to keep going!

“We Can’t Stop” by Miley Cyrus is a great chant to repeat as you and your friends workout together! One more rep! 

“Up In The Air” by 30 Seconds to Mars challenges you to work your hardest with its strong bass tones.

“Diane Young” by Vampire Weekend has the energy to carry you through the rest of your workout!

“Started From the Bottom” by Drake isn’t just for parties. You can channel that energy and beat to your routine.

“Come and Get It” by Selena Gomez is something to repeat to yourself, don’t you want to get your workout goals?

“Out of My League” by Fitz and the Tantrums is one of the songs that make you dance without even knowing while working out. It’s just too catchy!

“Blurred Lines” by Robin Thicke ft. T.I. and Pharrell is the song that has been stuck in heads across the nation. The repetitiveness will keep you going!

“Midnight City” by M83 will carry you through your workout! 

A little Lana Del Ray never hurt a playlist, but paired with Cedric Gervais in “Summertime Sadness” makes the workout last to the end.

We can’t wait to see everyone at Get Fit Night Thursday, and to blast this playlist while we workout together! Enjoy your week ladies! 

Emily is a sophomore at Towson University majoring in Mass Communications with a concentration in journalism. She enjoys writing, listening to music, and going to concerts. She writes for Towson's newspaper (www.thetowerlight.com), on Tumblr (www.emilyimagines.tumblr.com), or on her Twitter (@dinoemmie). This is her second year on the HCTU staff and she is currently Vice President, She also enjoys creating graphics, marketing, and advertising. Emily aspires to be a magazine editor. 
Her Campus

Towson '25