Favorite Workouts that Don’t Require Leaving Home

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

It’s always hard to find the energy to go and work out when it is cold and miserable outside. The calling of Netflix is even harder to resist when your campus’s gym is far from reachable (aka 5 minutes away). However, working out and keeping yourself healthy can be done easily within your dorm room or apartment. Here are some cool ways to do so!

Yoga with Adriene

If you are completely new to yoga and have always been interested in learning, Yoga with Adriene is a perfect youtube channel to consider checking out. Adriene is fun and goofy, she comfortably allows you to ease into beginner yoga. She recently came out with 30 Days of Yoga and has other videos showing various different moves and positions.

Gaiam TV

If you already practice yoga, and would like to try something more challenging you should check out Gaiam TV (gaiamtv.com) Professional yoga instructors have made various videos giving tips and tutorials on various positions and exercises.

P90X

We all know what it is and it may be a little out of the way to get to, but if you are willing to get toned this summer you may want to do some workouts with Tony Horton. They’ll leave you feeling awesome about yourself for the rest of the day (even if Horton is a little to enthusiastic and corny).

Pinterest

I love using pinterest to find various workouts for different things. Many people (both guys and girls) like to make their own mix up of moves and post them on Pinterest for others to try. Some include photos, while others create lists with cute backgrounds and fonts. You can also follow various work out boards of pinners to find out what the latest work outs are.

Check out Work out World Cali and Weightlifting Powerlifting Bodybuilding and Working out

Create your own!

Take your favorite workouts and routines and combine them into weekly schedules. It could be legs one day, arms the next, and then core. It may be hard to push yourself to work out everyday, but if you have different routines it’ll be a lot easier to get into it! 

I'm a sophomore at Towson University, and am originally from Gaithersburg, MD. I'm double majoring in advertising and public relations, with a minor in marketing and Italian. I love fashion, photography, playing the violin, listening to all types of music, history, and going on adventures with friends.