CJ “Barack Obima”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

CJ, known most notably as “Barack Obima”, is a person who has entered the main stage and delivered a charismatic presence as a host at multiple Towson events. He began hosting events in the fall of 2013 and decided he wanted to breakout during his first semester at Towson. He attended some popular events and noticed that the hosts needed help. He was the guy to fix that. His goal for every event is to bring a vivacity to the stage and engage with the audience. He says, “Have fun, love it! Let people see that you love what you are doing. Don’t be scared. The audience will always have a reaction and you always have another opportunity every time you get on stage.”

Barack Obima is a Sophomore from Bowie, MD and a Mass Communications major on the Journalism track with a minor in Philosophy. He has hosted the following events: African Diaspora Club (ADC) Explosion Fall 2013, Ebony Lounge Fall 2013, AKAsion Talent show, Black Student Union (BSU) and Sisterhood’s Cupid Shuffle Bait Auction, BSU Poetry Slam, and the Stroll Off by National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC). Hosting has developed connections in his social life with people at Towson and other universities. This role has really broadened his horizons and expanded his network of people. If you have ever seen CJ host, it is obvious that he is good at it. In 5 years, he sees himself living in Atlanta or California pursuing a career in radio but is open to hosting TV shows and starring in movies. He would definitely want to be a TV personality and be able to tell success stories. His greatest influence is without a doubt Will Smith. AJ, Terrance J, Eric Thompson, and Steve Harvey have also influenced him as role models in the field. 

If you meet CJ in person just know that he is an open-minded, humble and a dauntless individual. He enjoys a strong one-on-one conversation. He values humility, honesty and love in people. His favorite place to eat on campus is at Ptux and he chills in front of Susq frequently. The Dave Chapelle Show is his favorite TV show. He enjoys listening to Neo-Soul and Oldies music. His favorite movies are The Wood, The Best Man, The Best Man Holiday, and Love & Basketball. Based off of those movies listed above it was easy for him to say Sanaa Lathan is his celebrity crush. You can follow him on Instagram and Twitter @barack_obima.

His life goals are to be the best entertainer known to man, use his talents to touch others and change the perspective of this world. When I asked him what he wanted people to take from this interview he said this, “Cater to your passion, anything you put your mind to is possible. We all come from God and we are given gifts. We need to use those gifts and become great. I hope we as people can open and free our minds.”

My name is Josephine Hill I consider myself to be an artist in every facet of my existence! Makeup Artist (MUA) - Model - Painter - Writer - Fashionista I'm from the D (M) V I currently attend Towson University I am a Mass Communications Major Contact: jhill24@students.towson.edu Follow me on Twitter: @LadyJo_LovesU Be friends with me on Facebook: Josephine Hill
Her Campus

Towson '25