Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Towson Celebrities

Tiffany Merson

By Sydney Engelhardt
October 17, 2014 - 8:00am

Tiffany Merson is this week’s Campus Celebrity! She is a sophomore with an EMF major and business minor. Tiffany is also the president of Tower C’s Building council.  She has been involved with Building Council and URG since the first semester of her freshman year. As a freshman, she was a building representative on Tower C’s building council. She loved being involved with Building Council so much that she decided to run for president this year. Tiffany found out she won Tower C president in September. She is also involved in No Frills Planning committee, which is part of URG, and works as a community assistant in Tower C. READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Liz Lane

By Jai-Leen James
October 11, 2014 - 8:05pm

This week’s Campus Celebrity is Elizabeth Lane! She is a biology major with a concentration on the functional study of animals. Liz is co-president of the pre-veterinarian club. She has been involved with the organization for three years. Last year, she was the vice president; now she’s stepped up to the plate and is in charge. READ MORE

Melissa Brown, VP!

By Cydney Humphrey
October 3, 2014 - 8:00am

Melissa B, VP!  READ MORE

Eddie Rzegocki

By Melissa A Brown
September 25, 2014 - 8:00am

There are over 200 clubs and organizations at Towson University. The good thing about that is that there is always something to do, whether it be a Greek life event, game, or event on campus. Criminal Justice major Eddie Rzegocki is the Vice President and Rush Chair of the Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity at Towson. "We do many things around campus. To name a few we volunteer at the American Red Cross Blood Drives because that is our fraternity's national philanthropy. We also have things such as our 48 hour see saw that helped raise money for colon and testicular cancer." Eddie recommends getting involved on campus, whether it be through Greek Life, SGA, URG, a sports club or even intramurals. "Just something to get out of your comfort zone and meet new...

Ja-Niece Best

By Cydney Humphrey
September 15, 2014 - 8:00am

Name: Ja-Niece Best Year: Senior Hometown: Prince George’s County Major/Minor: Graphic Design. Her Campus Towson: What exactly happened in regards to the email that you sent your professor? READ MORE

Maya Argano

By Melissa A Brown
September 8, 2014 - 8:00am

Imagine getting to visit a beautiful country for free. If you go on a Birthright trip to Israel, you can. Birthright is a free, 10-day-long trip to Israel for young-adults whose ages range from 18-26. Elementary Education major Maya Argano, junior, recently went on a Birthright trip and said, "It is an experience of a lifetime and was the greatest 10 days of my life!" Her Campus Towson interviewed Maya about her time in Israel.    HerCampusTowson: When did you go on Birthright? Did you feel safe traveling in Israel because of the ongoing conflict with Gaza/Hamas?   READ MORE

ALL THE RAYG

By Brianna James
September 4, 2014 - 8:00am

I’d like to present to some and reintroduce to others the RAVISHING Ms.Raygene Taylor. Those of you who are fortunate enough to know her personally know it’s no exaggeration when I say this girl is the total package! Raygene is a sophomore here at Towson, but don’t let her class standing fool you -- she’s already made quite the impression. In just three semesters, she’s managed to become an active member of various organizations, including: Black Student Union, African Diaspora Club, JSM modeling practice, and Sage, all while earning a 3.3 GPA.   READ MORE

Bilphena and Oumou Rally for Nigeria

By Cydney Humphrey
May 12, 2014 - 8:00am

Almost three weeks ago, over 230 girls between the ages of sixteen and eighteen were abducted at gunpoint in Chibok, Nigeria. The families of the girls and the people of Nigeria have come together to protest. Despite the feckless governmental response, the Nigerian people created the hashtag #BringBackOurGirls.   TU students Bilphena Yahwon and Oumou Diallo have organized a rally called Bring Back Our Girls TU, to honor the lives of the young ladies and to stand in solidarity with the people of Nigeria. The rally will take place on Monday, May 12th at 5pm starting at Tiger Plaza. READ MORE

CJ "Barack Obima"

By Josephine Hill
May 8, 2014 - 8:00am

CJ, known most notably as "Barack Obima", is a person who has entered the main stage and delivered a charismatic presence as a host at multiple Towson events. He began hosting events in the fall of 2013 and decided he wanted to breakout during his first semester at Towson. He attended some popular events and noticed that the hosts needed help. He was the guy to fix that. His goal for every event is to bring a vivacity to the stage and engage with the audience. He says, "Have fun, love it! Let people see that you love what you are doing. Don't be scared. The audience will always have a reaction and you always have another opportunity every time you get on stage." READ MORE

Keiara West

By Josephine Hill
May 1, 2014 - 8:00am

Meet Keiara West! She is an exceptionally involved student in the Towson Community and native to Baltimore, MD. Keiara is a senior Mass Communications major on the Public Relations and Advertising tracks. During her years at Towson University she has been involved in a plethora of various student organizations, as well as, acquiring leadership roles and awards in those organizations. You have probably seen her at many Friday Night Live and Saturday Scene events because Keiara is an Advisory Board Member in the Office of Student Activities (OSA). In her early college career, she was a SAGE Mentor for two years. Then, she expanded her involvement to the Black Student Union (BSU), the Sisterhood Organization and the National Council of Negro Women (NCNW)....