Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Towson Celebrities

Bilphena and Oumou Rally for Nigeria

By Cydney Humphrey
May 12, 2014 - 8:00am

Almost three weeks ago, over 230 girls between the ages of sixteen and eighteen were abducted at gunpoint in Chibok, Nigeria. The families of the girls and the people of Nigeria have come together to protest. Despite the feckless governmental response, the Nigerian people created the hashtag #BringBackOurGirls.   TU students Bilphena Yahwon and Oumou Diallo have organized a rally called Bring Back Our Girls TU, to honor the lives of the young ladies and to stand in solidarity with the people of Nigeria. The rally will take place on Monday, May 12th at 5pm starting at Tiger Plaza. READ MORE

CJ "Barack Obima"

By Josephine Hill
May 8, 2014 - 8:00am

CJ, known most notably as "Barack Obima", is a person who has entered the main stage and delivered a charismatic presence as a host at multiple Towson events. He began hosting events in the fall of 2013 and decided he wanted to breakout during his first semester at Towson. He attended some popular events and noticed that the hosts needed help. He was the guy to fix that. His goal for every event is to bring a vivacity to the stage and engage with the audience. He says, "Have fun, love it! Let people see that you love what you are doing. Don't be scared. The audience will always have a reaction and you always have another opportunity every time you get on stage." READ MORE

Keiara West

By Josephine Hill
May 1, 2014 - 8:00am

Meet Keiara West! She is an exceptionally involved student in the Towson Community and native to Baltimore, MD. Keiara is a senior Mass Communications major on the Public Relations and Advertising tracks. During her years at Towson University she has been involved in a plethora of various student organizations, as well as, acquiring leadership roles and awards in those organizations. You have probably seen her at many Friday Night Live and Saturday Scene events because Keiara is an Advisory Board Member in the Office of Student Activities (OSA). In her early college career, she was a SAGE Mentor for two years. Then, she expanded her involvement to the Black Student Union (BSU), the Sisterhood Organization and the National Council of Negro Women (NCNW)....

Chad Nazworth, Director of CAB

By Jai-Leen James
April 18, 2014 - 11:52am

Spring time in Towson is always exciting. From the unpredictable weather to all of the different themed events going on around campus, there is always something fun going on. Have you ever wondered who makes events like Tigerfest and the Homecoming Concert possible? Meet Chad Nazworth. He’s a senior double majoring in Economics and International Studies. He’s also the director of the Campus Activities Board (CAB) and this week’s Campus Celebrity. READ MORE

Melissa Brown

By Erin A. Smith
April 11, 2014 - 3:33pm

Melissa is an active writer for HCTU. She is always looking to lend a helping hand and has shown great leadership abilities. She also is an avid figure skater. Learn more about what she thinks makes a good leader below.   Her Campus Towson (HCTU): What have you been involved with on campus? Melissa Brown (MB): "I'm currently involed in Her Campus and I was involved with TigerTHON." HCTU: What does leadership mean to you? READ MORE

Alexandria Elia: The Face Behind CAB

By Cydney Humphrey
March 26, 2014 - 12:50am

With everyone is all pumped up about Tigerfest 2.0, we decided to interview the person that we feel is doing a great job of keeping students informed and making sure everyone's voices are heard. We were so delighted to find that not only does the face behind CAB truly care about the students, she is a complete sweetheart! Meet Alexandria Elia: Year: Class of 2016 Major: Mass Communications Hometown: Bridgewater, NJ Clubs/Organizations: Campus Activities Board Favorite place to chill on campus: The CAB Office! READ MORE

Becky Lamich: Natural is Beautiful

By Cydney Humphrey
March 11, 2014 - 8:00am

Becky Lamich is a junior with plans to graduate in May 2015 with a double-major in Electronic Media & Film and Women & Gender Studies.  Lamich has a real talent for photography and is currently working on a project that promotes natural beauty and encourages women to be confident and love themselves.  Her photographs have been splashed all over the Internet recently, so we decided to dig a little deeper and find out what she and her project were all about.   Major: Electronic Media & Film and Women & Gender Studies Hometown: Laurel, MD (HoCo baby!) Favorite TV Shows: Supernatural, The Office, Game of Thrones, Grey's Anatomy, The Vampire Diaries, American Horror Story, Gossip Girl READ...

Leekeisha Ervin

By Towson Staff
February 28, 2014 - 3:36pm

Meet our Secretary! With a bubbly and outgoing personality, Keisha always keeps our weekly meetings full of laughter. She has contributed to HCTU for over about two years and continues to help lead the organization by acting as our secretary.    Year: Senior   Major: Psych   Hometown: Germantown, MD   Favorite TV Shows: SVU, First 48   Clubs/Organizations: Her Campus Towson    Favorite Place to Eat on Campus: PTux   READ MORE

Kaitlyn Martinaitis

By Towson Staff
February 21, 2014 - 11:17am

Kaitlyn Martinaitis is a long-time member of Her Campus Towson. For the past two years, she has served as the treasurer for the organization. She's a hard-worker with a knack for health and fitness. Kaitlyn will be attending Temple University in the fall to further her education on the road to a Doctorate in Physical Therapy. We wish her nothing but the best! Year: Senior Major: Exercise Science Hometown: Ellicott City, MD Favorite TV shows: Girls, The Office, The Big Bang Theory, Teen Mom, Disappeared READ MORE

Randi Williams

By Erin A. Smith
February 14, 2014 - 12:25pm

Randi is a student at TU who also enjoys modeling. In fact, she is signed to Modelogic Wilhelmina and has done several print modeling jobs and runway events. Randi is currently studying abroad in Italy but we reached out to her to hear more about her trip and how she began modeling.  Her Campus Towson: Tell us about Italy….What program you will be doing? How long you’ll be there? What experience you hope to gain? READ MORE