Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Towson Celebrities

Ja-Niece Best

By Cydney Humphrey
September 15, 2014 - 8:00am

Name: Ja-Niece Best Year: Senior Hometown: Prince George’s County Major/Minor: Graphic Design. Her Campus Towson: What exactly happened in regards to the email that you sent your professor? READ MORE

Maya Argano

By Melissa A Brown
September 8, 2014 - 8:00am

Imagine getting to visit a beautiful country for free. If you go on a Birthright trip to Israel, you can. Birthright is a free, 10-day-long trip to Israel for young-adults whose ages range from 18-26. Elementary Education major Maya Argano, junior, recently went on a Birthright trip and said, "It is an experience of a lifetime and was the greatest 10 days of my life!" Her Campus Towson interviewed Maya about her time in Israel.    HerCampusTowson: When did you go on Birthright? Did you feel safe traveling in Israel because of the ongoing conflict with Gaza/Hamas?   READ MORE

ALL THE RAYG

By Brianna James
September 4, 2014 - 8:00am

I’d like to present to some and reintroduce to others the RAVISHING Ms.Raygene Taylor. Those of you who are fortunate enough to know her personally know it’s no exaggeration when I say this girl is the total package! Raygene is a sophomore here at Towson, but don’t let her class standing fool you -- she’s already made quite the impression. In just three semesters, she’s managed to become an active member of various organizations, including: Black Student Union, African Diaspora Club, JSM modeling practice, and Sage, all while earning a 3.3 GPA.   READ MORE

Bilphena and Oumou Rally for Nigeria

By Cydney Humphrey
May 12, 2014 - 8:00am

Almost three weeks ago, over 230 girls between the ages of sixteen and eighteen were abducted at gunpoint in Chibok, Nigeria. The families of the girls and the people of Nigeria have come together to protest. Despite the feckless governmental response, the Nigerian people created the hashtag #BringBackOurGirls.   TU students Bilphena Yahwon and Oumou Diallo have organized a rally called Bring Back Our Girls TU, to honor the lives of the young ladies and to stand in solidarity with the people of Nigeria. The rally will take place on Monday, May 12th at 5pm starting at Tiger Plaza. READ MORE

CJ "Barack Obima"

By Josephine Hill
May 8, 2014 - 8:00am

CJ, known most notably as "Barack Obima", is a person who has entered the main stage and delivered a charismatic presence as a host at multiple Towson events. He began hosting events in the fall of 2013 and decided he wanted to breakout during his first semester at Towson. He attended some popular events and noticed that the hosts needed help. He was the guy to fix that. His goal for every event is to bring a vivacity to the stage and engage with the audience. He says, "Have fun, love it! Let people see that you love what you are doing. Don't be scared. The audience will always have a reaction and you always have another opportunity every time you get on stage." READ MORE

Keiara West

By Josephine Hill
May 1, 2014 - 8:00am

Meet Keiara West! She is an exceptionally involved student in the Towson Community and native to Baltimore, MD. Keiara is a senior Mass Communications major on the Public Relations and Advertising tracks. During her years at Towson University she has been involved in a plethora of various student organizations, as well as, acquiring leadership roles and awards in those organizations. You have probably seen her at many Friday Night Live and Saturday Scene events because Keiara is an Advisory Board Member in the Office of Student Activities (OSA). In her early college career, she was a SAGE Mentor for two years. Then, she expanded her involvement to the Black Student Union (BSU), the Sisterhood Organization and the National Council of Negro Women (NCNW)....

Chad Nazworth, Director of CAB

By Jai-Leen James
April 18, 2014 - 11:52am

Spring time in Towson is always exciting. From the unpredictable weather to all of the different themed events going on around campus, there is always something fun going on. Have you ever wondered who makes events like Tigerfest and the Homecoming Concert possible? Meet Chad Nazworth. He’s a senior double majoring in Economics and International Studies. He’s also the director of the Campus Activities Board (CAB) and this week’s Campus Celebrity. READ MORE

Melissa Brown

By Erin A. Smith
April 11, 2014 - 3:33pm

Melissa is an active writer for HCTU. She is always looking to lend a helping hand and has shown great leadership abilities. She also is an avid figure skater. Learn more about what she thinks makes a good leader below.   Her Campus Towson (HCTU): What have you been involved with on campus? Melissa Brown (MB): "I'm currently involed in Her Campus and I was involved with TigerTHON." HCTU: What does leadership mean to you? READ MORE

Alexandria Elia: The Face Behind CAB

By Cydney Humphrey
March 26, 2014 - 12:50am

With everyone is all pumped up about Tigerfest 2.0, we decided to interview the person that we feel is doing a great job of keeping students informed and making sure everyone's voices are heard. We were so delighted to find that not only does the face behind CAB truly care about the students, she is a complete sweetheart! Meet Alexandria Elia: Year: Class of 2016 Major: Mass Communications Hometown: Bridgewater, NJ Clubs/Organizations: Campus Activities Board Favorite place to chill on campus: The CAB Office! READ MORE

Becky Lamich: Natural is Beautiful

By Cydney Humphrey
March 11, 2014 - 8:00am

Becky Lamich is a junior with plans to graduate in May 2015 with a double-major in Electronic Media & Film and Women & Gender Studies.  Lamich has a real talent for photography and is currently working on a project that promotes natural beauty and encourages women to be confident and love themselves.  Her photographs have been splashed all over the Internet recently, so we decided to dig a little deeper and find out what she and her project were all about.   Major: Electronic Media & Film and Women & Gender Studies Hometown: Laurel, MD (HoCo baby!) Favorite TV Shows: Supernatural, The Office, Game of Thrones, Grey's Anatomy, The Vampire Diaries, American Horror Story, Gossip Girl READ...